1

Ky's POV

I lean against the bar as my eyes scan the strip club. Even for a Saturday, this place is more crowded than usual. All the tables set up around the stage are full, as is the limited floor area.

"Hey," I barely hear the person speaking to me over the deafening bass music.

"Hey," The voice repeats, and this time I look over.

The guy sitting on the bar stool next to me grins at me, showing perfect white teeth that glint in the luminous lighting. His hair is slicked back with too much gel, and he has to be at least twenty years older than me.

Although I'm sick of creeps like this, I smile politely at him. It's my job, after all, and I still want to get paid.

"What's a guy like you doing in place like this?" He asks, winking at me.

"Original," I say sarcastically before catching myself. "I work here."

"You do?" The man says and I nod, "So, how much for a dance?"

"I don't do those," I say, my cheeks warming up.

This place isn't really a strip club, although the skimpy uniforms they make us wear says otherwise. Only a few guys do private dances, and for the most part they're forbidden.

"Not even for me?" The man asks.

"No, sorry."

The man frowns. I suppress a sigh. He's going to be a difficult one, I can already tell.

My suspicions are confirmed as he grabs my wrist. I try to pull away from him, but he's holding it too tightly. He yanks me towards him, and wraps his arm around my waist so I can't escape.

"How about we get out of here?" He says, "I can pay you more for a night than you'll make here in a month."

"I already said no," I growl, shoving at his chest to try and free myself.

I look around for help, trying to signal to the bartender for assistance but he's too busy serving other customers to notice.

I begin to panic, but then I hear a deliberate cough behind us. I look over, and immediately feel relieved.

Josh nods reassuringly at me and I smile at him. He's another guy who works at the club, and my closest friend. He's helped me out of many difficult situations like this before.

"What do you think you're doing?" Josh asks.

The man has now also noticed him. He narrows his eyes at Josh, who glares straight back at him.

"What's it to you, carrot-top?" The man says, referring to Josh's mop of ginger hair.

I see Josh's eyebrow twitch. That's never a good sign.

"Let go of him, unless you want me to call security." Josh hisses at him, his dark eyes glinting with anger.

The man hesitantly releases me and I push him away from me, going to stand next to Josh.

"I'll give you ten seconds to get out of here," Josh growls, "One..."

"Ok, I'm leaving," The man says, glaring at us.

"Slut," He mutters as he passes me, quiet enough so Josh won't hear, and then he leaves.

We watch him exit, before I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks," I smile at Josh.

"Hey, no problem," He says, "I hate guys like that."

"Same," I nod in agreement, "It was lucky you were here."

For some reason, Josh looks nervous.

"Actually, I was looking for you." He says.

"Why? What's the matter?"

"It's the boss. He wants to see you in his office."

"What?" I ask.

The only reason people have to see the boss is if they're in trouble or there's been a complaint. And I've been on my best behaviour for the last couple of months.

"Did he say why?" I ask.

Josh shakes his head, "What have you done this time?"

"Nothing," I say anxiously.

Josh looks as puzzled as I feel. Eventually he shrugs, "You should go. Apparently he doesn't like to be kept waiting."

I guess I have no choice. I sigh.

"Wish me luck."

"Good luck."