"Joseph, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"How have you been Ky?" He asks, ignoring my question and stalking towards me. I back up, until my back is pressed against the wall. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

He puts his hands on either side of me so I'm pinned to the wall, forced to stare into those predatory eyes.

"Ky!" I can hear Ethan's voice in the background, but it seems muffled, as if I'm hearing it from underwater.

He leans in and I turn my head away, my heart thumping erratically in my chest. I need to get away. I glance around desperately, but he's trapping me.

"Two years since we've seen each other and this is how you treat me?" He hisses, "At least look at me."

He grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him. I wince at the pain his tight grip is causing me.

"How about a kiss for your boyfriend?" He says nastily.

"You're not my boyfriend," I spit, "Dating you was a mistake. You're crazy."

"Crazy, huh?" He says, "Crazy like a high schooler who seduced a married man just because he was bored, and then left as soon as the game wasn't going the way he wanted. I'll tell you what, I'll make you feel the pain you caused me when you left."

"Y-You ruined my life," I say, "You sent those photos to everyone I knew. I had to leave."

"You deserved it," He says, "Always playing your stupid little games. Now kiss me."

He leans in and his lips press harshly on mine. I try to turn my head away but he won't let me. As I gasp for air his tongue slips into my mouth and I shudder.

"I've waited too long for this," He groans, and glancing down I notice a growing bulge in his pants.

"Please...don't," I say hoarsely.

"Shut up," He hisses and then he grabs me, pulling me off the wall and turning me around before slamming me back onto it.

I feel frozen as his hands roam my body.

"Stop," I plead.

"Really, you don't like it? I remember you used to love the way we'd-"

Suddenly, there was a loud thud. He broke off in the middle of his sentence and the weight pinning me to the wall was gone as he tumbled to the floor.

I gulped in shaky breaths as I turned around. Joseph was collapsed into the floor and standing behind me was Ethan, holding a heavy book.

"Thank you." I wheeze before my legs give out and I slide down the wall.

Ethan crouches next to me, pulling me into his chest. We stay there for a while, until Joseph begins to stir.

"I've called the police, they're already on their way," Ethan says, "I'll stay here and keep watch of him, get some water or something. You're still shaking."

I slowly stand up. Looking around the room is spinning around me, and I feel shaky. Bad memories are beginning to re-emerge.

I stagger to the kitchen in a daze and turn on the tap. Dark spots are crowding my vision, and I can feel my consciousness slipping. Just before I pass out, I hear Ethan call my name.

...

When I wake up, I'm laying on my sofa covered by a thin blanket while cops swarm around me. I see Joseph in handcuffs as well as Ethan talking to a couple of officers.

I try to sit up, but feel like I'm about to throw up.

"Don't push yourself," A medic says. She kneels down in front of me, producing a red band from her first aid kit, "You've had a nasty shock. Just let me take your blood pressure."

After a few more checks, I'm finally allowed to sit up. The medic passes me some water which I gulp down thirstily.

At this point, a police officer arrives, sitting on the sofa next to me. She has blond hair pulled into a tight bun and a solemn expression.

"Can you answer some questions about your relation to that man for the police report," She says and I nod.

After a half an hour of intensive questioning, she's got all the information she needs.

"You'll be able to get a restraining order against him in a few days," She says, "But in the meantime I recommend you staying somewhere he can't find you."

I nod and she stands up.

"Come on then," She says, and the two police officers holding Joseph yank him out of the apartment.

I can hear him yelling insults at me as he goes until he's out of earshot. Once I'm alone with Ethan, I bury my head in my hands.

Ethan sits down next to, placing a comforting arm over my shoulders. We sit there in silence for a while, and I lean my head on his shoulder. He kisses the top of my head, and I close my eyes, realising how drained I feel.

"Who was that?" Ethan asks.

"A crazy ex," I explain, "I met him in high school online when I was sixteen. He said he was twenty-five, but I found out later he was older and married, but I didn't know any of that to begin with."

I pause as I remember more bad memories. Ethan waits patiently for me to continue.

"He used me. He'd blame me for how things were going with his wife and I felt guilty because he wouldn't let me break up with him, so I'd send him photos of me...doing stuff...so he wouldn't be as mad at me."

"I'm sorry," Ethan says, kissing my head again.

"Yeah, well when I finally managed to break up with him, he leaked the photos everywhere. It took ages to get them taken down, and by then everyone in my hometown had seen them. I couldn't stay there, so I left and came here instead to start over. And that's how I ended up working for you."

Ethan didn't say anything, but he didn't need too. By the way he was holding me, I could tell he understood. It wasn't like back home, where all of it was my fault and I was bullied everywhere I went.

"There's something I need to ask you," Ethan said, "Will you move in with me? Just for a while, the police officers told me it was safer. I know we don't know each-other that well, but I thought you'd feel safer living with me."

"Yes," I say, "I'll move in with you."

"Great," He smiles, "Let's get the stuff you need."

He stands up and takes my hand leading my to the bedroom. I steal glances at him as he rummages through my drawers, picking out clothes and throwing them in an old, faded rucksack I found under my bed.

Soon, I'm packed. As we leave, I glance back at my apartment one last time. I have a feeling I won't see it for a while.