8

As I enter the strip club, I make my way over to the bar, trying to ignore the stares I'm getting.

Today's my first day back at work. For the past week, I've been staying with Ethan. I've taken some time off from work to take some time to recover, and also to file a restraining order against Joseph.

"Ky!" Josh is running towards me.

He pulls me into a tight hug and I hug him back.

"I heard about your ex showing up." He says, eventually pulling away.

"You did?" I ask. I was planning to tell him the real reason I was off work today.

"Everyone knows," He says.

"Great. That explains all the stares I'm getting."

I glance around the bar and several guys look away quickly.

"I'm glad you're okay," Josh says kindly.

"Opening time!" Someone shouts.

"I better go," He smiles.

I watch him make his way over to some customers. I grab some drinks menus and head over to a table where several customers are already seated.

The first part of my shift is uneventful. I'm catcalled a few times, but I'm used to it by now so it doesn't bother me.

However, when I head back to the bar, someone grabs my shoulder.

"Joseph," I say, already assuming the worst as I'm spun around.

"Who's Joseph?" Ash asks, looking confused.

"Ash, thank god it's you." I say, "Why are you here?"

He glances around, making sure nobody's watching us. He's acting strangely, and I notice a cut on his cheek as he turns his head.

"What happened to your face?" I ask, but he shakes his head.

"I need to talk to you. Is there somewhere we can go?" He asks.

"Why can't we talk here?" I ask.

"That's why," He says, nodding over my shoulder.

Glancing over my shoulder, I see Ethan is standing behind us, his arms crossed over his chest.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, glaring at Ash.

I back away from Ash, noticing Ethan's furious expression.

"What have I told you about coming here?" Ethan says.

"Fine, I'm leaving," Ash spits.

He gives me one last lingering glance, before he leaves. I turn back to Ethan, folding my arms over my chest.

"What was that about?" I ask.

He shrugs, "Nothing."

I glare at him, but he doesn't crack. Instead he grabs my hand, leading me through the crowd toward his office.

Once we're in the office, he pushes me against the wall and before I know it, his lips are on mine. I wind my arms around his neck as his lips move against mine.

However, I turn my head away.

"Stop," I say and he does, "What's going on between you and Ash?"

"Ash...so you do know him?" Ethan asks. I notice a muscle in his jaw twitch.

"Just from the cafe," I lie, not wanting to tell him about the first time we met.

"I knew he wouldn't stay away," Ethan mutters. He grabs my arm, "We're going home."

"Wait-" I protest as he drags me out of his office and through the crowd.

Only once we're outside, I push him off me, rubbing my sore arm.

He's already marching ahead and I stay a few steps behind him, glaring at his back. I know I won't get any answers from him, but I want to know what this is all about.