"So...are you going to tell me what happened last night? Why did the boss want to see you?" Josh says.

At the moment, we're waiting for the club to open. It's only a few minutes until opening time, and there's the usual sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing that I'm going to be harassed by creeps all night.

"Nothing happened," I say.

"I know when you're lying," Josh says with a frown.

"Fine." I sigh.

I quickly gave him the rundown of everything that happened between me and Ethan the previous night, as well as Ethan's plans to take me on a date. When I finish, Josh's face is oddly blank.

"I can't believe you're hooking up with our boss," He says finally.

"I don't know how to feel about it," I say.

On one hand, he's my boss, but on the other hand, the warm feeling in my stomach is still there whenever I think about us kissing.

Josh shakes his head disbelievingly. He opens his mouth to say something, but we're interrupted by the sudden rush of customers.

"Let's talk about this later," Josh says, as he walks over to get the customers seated.

I trail behind him. The news seems to have shocked him.

I try to focus on my work as I seat some customers and get them drinks. However, it's difficult, as I keep thinking about the previous night and glancing over at Ethan's office.

I need to snap out of it...and that's the exact time I trip over a customer's shoe. I stumble, and end up crashing into another customer. I manage to stop most of the drinks I'm holding from spilling over, but one splashes the guy's shirt.

"I'm so sorry," I say apologetically.

"It's okay," He says, looking down at the dark strain spreading across his shirt. "Accidents happen."

"Let me get you some napkins, sir," I say, "Wait here."

I soon return, holding the napkins in one hand. I press the napkins to his chest, trying to dry the stain.

"Again I'm sorry," I say, wiping at his shirt, "I'd be happy to pay for your shirt."

However, I feel a hand on top of my head and he ruffles my hair. I stop what I'm doing and look up at him. Got the first time I get a good look at him. He smiles at me, and the smile reaches his eyes, although it's hard to see what colour they are in the fluorescent lighting. But his blond hair is unmistakable, as it's glowing under the lights.

"I said it's fine," He says kindly.

"Please don't report me," I plead. I don't want to get in trouble again this week.

"I wouldn't do such a thing," He smiles.

My cheeks turn pink.

"Enjoy your night, sir," I say, "Sorry again."

"If I was to report you, what name would I give them." He asks, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Ky," I said, anxiously.

"It's nice to meet you, Ky," He smiles at me. "I'm Ash. Don't worry, I won't report you. I just wanted your name."

"Smooth," I say, rolling my eyes although I feel relieved. "Enjoy the rest of your night, Ash."

I feel him watching me hurry through the crowd to get the rest of the drinks out before I actually get reported.

Once I'm a safe distance away, I glance back at him but he's vanished into the crowd of people.

It's a good thing that Ethan didn't see me spill a drink on a customer. Although he's taking me on a date, I can't risk another complaint.

After all, I still need my job.