XI. clair de lune by Claude Debussy (part two)

Brett Yang knew that Eddy Chen was supposed to propose to him. Brett also knew that Eddy chickened out. So, it's up to Brett to propose. Brett has always been braver between the two of them.

warnings: expletives, just pure fluff

Brett's POV

When I hugged Eddy, I carefully took the small box from his jacket pocket. I heard him sigh. I think he's on the verge of tears. I already knew that he was planning on proposing the entire night. I also knew that he chickened out because of that sigh. I know that he's hesitant, so I'll do the best thing. I'll propose.

I hugged him even tighter as I placed the box on the pocket of my pants. I just hold him close for a few seconds and breathe him in. I'd rather be with him than anywhere else right now. I held his hand as he buries his head in the crook of my neck. I pet his head and I tangle my hands through his brown hair.

I wish I was confident enough to pull off those highlights. I don't actually know why he says that I'm braver than him. I don't really think I am. Maybe when it comes to him, only because I love him. I'm sure that he loves me, there's no doubt about it.

I could feel his heart pounding against my chest. He's still nervous. I held his head and cupped both his cheeks in my hand. I stared at him and looked at him in the eyes. His eyes are glassy and I could tell that tears are about to spill. I held his hand and grazed the skin of his knuckles with my hands.

I brought my our interlocked hands to my face as I placed a kiss on his knuckles' middle finger. I traced my index finger on his ring finger.

"Wouldn't this finger look good with an engagement ring around it?" I asked before kneeling down.

"Eddy Chen, I already know that you're going to say yes since you were the one who wanted to propose but I want to make a cheesy speech before you say yes." I said as he already let the tears stream down his face.

"I have loved you for so long and I've wanted to ask you the first time you said yes to being my boyfriend. I always knew that you actually never thought of marriage as an important thing, so I didn't. I knew that you were supposed to propose to me tonight but you got nervous. I know that you're not having second thoughts about being with me for the long run." I said as I chuckled.

"I've always wanted to grow old with you and have children together. I know you never imagined that you'd run a life like that but I hope you don't mind that I'm doing it with you. God, I've loved you for so long that I forgot the exact moment that I've realized it, but that doesn't matter. I loved you then, I love you now and I will continue loving you." I paused for emphasis. He was still crying.

"Eddy Chen, Wei Chen, whatever else I call you when we make love, even if you can't propose to me, or cook properly. It doesn't matter. I love you, the nearness of you, your violin playing in the wee hours of the morning, the deep, philosophical questions at three in the morning that end up with you asking the same question of "Do you love me?" Or the other variations of how, when, why, I will always answer it and it wouldn't change. Now that we've established that, will you be willing to change that beautiful last name to Yang and stay with me until we're old, bald and greasy who look forward to taking care of our grandchildren?" I asked as I pulled the rings our of his pocket.

At this stage, Eddy was laughing and crying at the same time.

"Yes." he responds weakly as I slip on the ring for him on his ring finger. I stood up to kiss him.

When we pulled away, he grabbed the other ring and slipped it on my finger. I held his hand as I leaned towards his ears.

"I love you too much." I said as I brushed his hair back.

"I should be telling you that." He said, looking at the ring on his finger.

We were quiet for a moment until I decided to open the door and enter his apartment. When he entered, I lock the door behind us. He lied down on the couch and I went next to him. I wrapped him around my arms and graze his skin with the pads of my fingertips.

"Don't make me cry like that again. I don't like having headaches." He said, voice nasal due to the tears a while ago.

"The only time I'll make you cry again is when I'm making love to you on our wedding night." I said as I earned a slap on my chest.

"Brettttt, don't say things like that." He said as he moved closer to me.

"Sorry, but it's the truth." I said as I kissed the top of his head. He hummed as he touches my skin lightly.

I was still caressing him and peppering his face with kisses. I stopped my hands on his hips and rubbed circles, a habit that calms both of us down. He kissed me softly and he slowly went on top of me.

He placed his hands on my chest. I just hold him closer and let him take the pace from there. He removes my hand from his hips and intertwines it with mine. After a few moments, he pulled away. Breathless and panting, he laid his head down on my chest.

"I love you and thank you for tonight." He said, squeezing my hand from his. Feeling the coldness of the ring on my hands. I smile as I remember.

"No, Eddy. Thank you for loving me. It's the best thing I could ever have." I said as I stroked his hair with my free hand. I could feel him sigh in content and tighten his hug on me.

I could get used to this until I die.