one

Tony was fuming

Tony was fuming. His father made him so angry, and he just loved getting on Tony's bad side. He believed that he had no right to tell him how to live his life.

All Tony did was go out to a club in the middle of the night, drink, dance, and kissed some girls. He flaunted it to the paparazzi with a large, goofy grin.

He made the headlines the next morning, but he always did, so he didn't see why it was suddenly such a big deal with his father who was always stuck in his own office or laboratory.

They had a shouting match with each other, but it wasn't exactly new. Maria was tired of it, hating to see the two men she loved most fight all the time. She shooed Tony away to deal with her husband.

That was how Tony found himself walking out of a coffee shop with sunglasses over his face and an iced coffee in his hand.

There were hushed whispers and stares pointed his way, but he ignored them. Usually, he would say hi and wave, and occasionally, stop to take a photo. That day, Tony was irritated and didn't feel like playing nice.

"Hey, stranger, wanna take a ride on my disco stick?"

He glanced to the side and paused in the middle of the walkway, causing the people behind him and in front of him to grumble.

"Careful there or you'll get run over."

He moved to the side, closer to the girl who called out to him. She leaning against a wall with one foot on a pogo stick with a cup of coffee in her hand. There were large sunglasses on her face that slipped down her nose as she peered at him.

She sipped her own iced coffee before throwing it into the trash can next to her. She pushed her sunglasses back up.

"So, ride my disco stick? It'll be fun."

"Did a rainbow puke on you?" retorted Tony.

She was wearing a rainbow jumpsuit with a low cut on her chest and a purple headband.

She grinned, sticking her hand out. "Novalyn. Last names don't matter."

He grabbed her hand and shook it. "Tony. Last names don't matter."

"You look lonely. Wanna hang? There's a nice roller rink a few miles from here."

"Gonna drive with that pogo stick?" he asked, pointing a finger at it.

She put her foot back on the ground and lifted the pogo stick. "Nah, I got an AMC Eagle down the street. You coming?"

He shook his head in disbelief. "Yeah, I'm coming."

"