two

Tony watched from the side as Novalyn ran her fourth lap around the roller rink in her own personalized, glittery roller skates

She stopped by him, leaning on the bar, resting her chin on her hand. "Don't know how to skate?"

"Never really had any chances to become a glorified fairy," he retorted.

She snorted, taking Tony's hand to drag him out on the middle. "You're so tense. It psychically hurts me."

His posture was awkward, knees bent and legs wobbling as she held onto him and skated backwards. She laughed, tilting her head back and accidentally bumping into someone.

"Sorry." She turned back to Tony. "Your posture is horrible. Try relaxing. Have you ever had fun before? You should try it."

"Fun? I have fun all the time," he defended.

She raised an eyebrow. "Okay, buddy. Come on, skate with me. Have more confidence in yourself. Do you need some liquid courage or something?"

She looked away, maneuvering through the other people as she continued to hold onto Tony's hand.

"Do you have any?"

"Hmm?"

"Liquid courage. Alcohol. Do you have any?" he repeated.

She glanced at him before sliding over to the edge again and resting her back against it, elbows behind her on both sides.

"What's your poison?" she asked.

"Whiskey, scotch," he answered.

She shrugged. "Yeah, I got it in my trunk."

"You keep alcohol in your trunk?"

"My car, my rules. Besides, it's easy access. But if you want liquid courage for skating, then I have some right now." She reached in between her breasts and pulled out a vial-shaped flask. "Tequila."

"You are just..."

"Amazing? I know," she answered, handing the vial over to him.

He took it from her, twisting the cap open and downing the tequila inside. He wiped his lips and handed it back to her. "Not much, but it'll do. All right, fine, I'll try a lap around this dumb circle."

"You're only bitter because you're not as good as skating as me," she cheekily retorted, pushing off the barrier. "Come on, pretty boy. The night is young." She winked at him before speeding off, leaving him behind.

Tony had no clue how he went from grabbing an iced coffee to skating with a stranger who carried a flask of tequila around.