eleven

It was June, and the sun was warm and blazing

It was June, and the sun was warm and blazing. More celebrities were leaving their houses for beaches and dates, causing paparazzi to follow them in hopes of a fresh scoop that could earn them money.

Naturally, Tony Stark hadn't been on the cover of magazines for a while now. He didn't go out to clubs and leave with pretty, half-naked models anymore. Instead, he went to arcades with a rainbow-wearing idiot and always left with a new stuffed animal.

"I could buy out this arcade," he declared.

"No, absolutely not," Novalyn denied.

"Why not?"

"It takes the fun out of it," she explained.

"You mean, spending a lot of money on one stuffed animal because we both suck at the claw machine so much?" he retorted.

"Yes."

"You know I'm rich, right?" he asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Money doesn't buy real happiness."

"No, but it does get you cool things. Example: this stupid penguin stuffed animal I'm trying to win right now!" he exclaimed, angrily jostling the control stick before smacking the plastic window.

She laughed at the sight of a grown man - only recently grown though - getting angry at a claw machine that was lighting up with rainbow dots. He rolled his eyes to the side and frowned at her, pointedly eyeing the gorilla stuffed animal in her arms that she had won for him earlier but was holding onto.

"Hey, I won this for you, so return the favor," she demanded.

He groaned, inserting more tokens into the machine. "Joel should just open it and let me take the penguin."

Joel, the owner of the arcade, got to know Novalyn and Tony because of how frequently they visited the arcade. They always loitered around the claw machine, talking to each other until both of them won something before sitting down at a table and ordering something to eat and drink.

Novalyn smiled and bumped her hip against his. "You won me that beagle, remember? And the cat after that, the shark after that - "

"To be fair, the shark took all night. Just like this damn penguin!"

"You're getting really worked up over a penguin. You realize that, right?" she retorted.

"I'm begging you. Take me out of my misery."

"Ya a child, Mr. Stank. Ya mama ain't raise no bitch, so win me that penguin."

He sighed. "I tried. Really, I tried."

"