four

Tony woke up to a flurry of buzzing and vibrations next to his head

Tony woke up to a flurry of buzzing and vibrations next to his head. He felt around his head until grabbing his phone, looking at the tiny screen of missed calls and multiple text messages from his mother.

Tony was a wild card who partied to forget about the bad things in his life, but he always came home for his mother. She loved him and cared for him, showering him with her affection and whole heart. Meanwhile, his father was always too busy to even say hi on a good day.

Now, Tony wasn't home in the morning as he usually was and it was past nine in the morning. He groaned, head throbbing at the light that flooded through the windows of Novalyn's AMC Eagle.

The bright side - no pun intended - was that there wasn't any paparazzi or cops around. It was the first time he was drunk and wasn't bombarded by flashing lights and cameras.

Tony and Novalyn fell asleep in the back of the car. She laid her head on his chest and he slept on his back. Her car wasn't too big, but it wasn't a limo either. He was tall, so it was a little uncomfortable but she had blankets in her trunk that he folded into a makeshift pillow.

She groaned. "Pills in the compartment."

"You have pills?" he muttered, moving forward to grab them.

"I keep alcohol in my trunk. What do you think?" she retorted, burying her face into his chest in order to block out the light.

He grabbed two pain killers and popped them in his mouth, swallowing them dry, wincing at the rough texture of his dry throat.

"Wanna get food?" he questioned.

He was craving his family's private chef's special macaroni and cheese that he had eaten since he was a child.

Novalyn rubbed her eyes, sleepily looking up at him. "What time is it?"

"Almost ten," he answered.

"Okay, give me, like, twenty minutes." She sighed, closing her eyes again.

"Hey, don't fall asleep," called Tony.

"Quiet," she muttered. "More sleep or I crash."

"I could drive."

"My baby," she defended, slowly easing back into slumber.

Tony sighed, shaking his head as opened up the chat with his mother in order to message her back. "You got issues, Novalyn no last name, but so do I."

"