Chapter 2 : Reality

Jiyeon's POV

Our faces were so close to each other that I could feel his breath on my skin. And then...

🎶Geonbaehaja like a thunder~🎶

I opened my eyes slowly and realize that it was just a dream. I facepalmed. And yeah 'Answer' is my alarm ringtone.

I rub my eyes and sat upright on my bed. I was reading a fanfic on Seonghwa and fell asleep eventually.

"I wish it were real!"

I sighed and got off my bed. I opened the window screens to let the bright morning sunlight come in. I made my hair into a messy bun and went into the bathroom.

So now let me introduce myself. I'm Kim Jiyeon, a 23 year old (korean age) ordinary girl who spends her life by doing nothing but stan her kpop oppas all day long. Multifandom of course coz I stan good music.

(A/N : "Stan Good Music" - Shruti, 2020)

I'm still finding a good job for myself. I don't know what profession I like. So I'm just going the way my fate leads me to. And did I tell you I work at a cafe? Now you know.

I don't like doing work but I have to coz I want to buy the kpop albums, lightsticks and other kpop merches. And I live alone so there's no one to tell me the things I've to do or not. Yeah there are many advantages of living alone. You can do whatever you want to.

I wasn't that into music at first but when I listened to some of the songs of BTS, SEVENTEEN, EXO, etc. It seemed interesting to me. I started to stan them and that's how I came to know about other groups.

Nowadays, I'm into ATEEZ. I didn't pay attention to them at first but when they did a comeback with 'Wave' as their title song, that's when I became their fan. They just blew up my mind. I liked that song so much that it's still stuck in my head.

From then I started to listen to their songs more & more. First I tried to memorize the names of the members and it just started like that. But something was different this time. I wanted to know more and more about them. I wanted to see them more and more.

By now you might have guessed that Seonghwa is my bias. Then you're right! And I love to read fanfics on him. I'm just madly in love with him. Even my gallery is filled with his photos and the other's of course.

Okay I'll stop here. That's my TMI for you guys.

***

"Jiyeon did you listen to their new song. It's so awesome!! Omg!!" Jina said as I entered the cafe.

"Yes. I loved it!!"

We started fangirling about them (ATEEZ). There weren't any costumers at that time so we sat behind the counter and chatted.

Many people don't come to our cafe, just some regular customers. But the manager pays us well.

I was happy to find out that Jina is also an Atiny. We just know each other for some months but she's like a best friend to me now. She always takes care of me.

"I applied for the fansign and I got selected. What about you?" I asked.

"Me too."

"Ah jinjja?!"

"Uh...Then let's go together. We also have a day off that day."

"Yay!!"

It was my first time to go on a fansign. I never attended any fansign before so I was so excited and maybe nervous too.

"I'm gonna faint when I sit in front of them."

"Don't faint. You won't be able to talk then."

"Oh yes!" I pouted. "But I won't be able to speak anything in front of them either."

She giggled. "You can do it, Jiyeon-ah." I nodded.

Then we worked till our shift was over. When I had some free time I used to read fanfics or do some sketching. I liked to draw. I made some sketches of Ateez also but they aren't that good.

"You're doing it again?" Wookyung said, standing in front of me.

"Uh...But what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to drink iced americano. So can you give me one?"

"Wait here."

I went to make an iced americano for him. After making it, I handed it to him. He took it and started walking away.

"Yah! Pay for it."

"Nope. You pay for it. I came here to get free drinks."

I made a disgusted face and sighed. Wookyung always did that. By the way, he's my best friend. We know each other since high school.

He's handsome, not gonna lie about that. He was pretty famous in school and college. Many girls used to ask him out but he rejected all of them.

***

Soon it was the time to close the cafe. Me and Jina wrapped the things up and were ready to leave. Wookyung was still there, sitting at a table and playing with his phone.

"Wookyung!" I called him. He got up from there came to me.

"Don't you have any other work to do?" I asked him, after seeing the time in my phone.

"No. I just came here to see you."

"It isn't funny."

He just stuck his tongue out and walked out of the cafe.

"This kid!..." I sighed.

"By the way, you two look good together," Jina said as she came and stood beside me. "Are you sure you don't like him that way?"

"Of course. He's just a friend. I don't like him that way." I explained.

"Okay. I have to go now. See you tomorrow." I waved to her.

I locked the main door and turn around just to see Wookyung standing in front of me.

"Ah you scared me!" I backed up.

"Lets go. I'll take you home."

"I can go by my–"

"I know." He started to walk away from me.

He never listens to me. I sighed and ran to catch up with him.

To be continued...