Chapter 36 : Dating Scandal

Jiyeon's POV

Next day, the MV was released. It was amazing as always. And I fainted after watching it.

I watched him on TV as he was promoting for the comeback. He too had many schedules at that time.

I still used to talk with him on phone. He was happy that he could perform for Atiny though they were watching them from their home.

***

Today they didn't had any schedules so I thought to pay them a visit. I spent some time with them and now it was time for me to go back home.

Seonghwa was walking me home when I felt something weird. It felt as if someone was following us. I turned back to check it but couldn't find anyone there.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"I just felt like someone was following us."

"Is it?" He looked around. "Then we should quickly go from here. It can be some paparazzi."

Then we quickly went away from there trying not to get caught. We made a turn and hid behind a wall.

We were right. It was a man who was following us. We couldn't see his face as he had his mask on. But he was holding a camera with him.

After a while, we saw him walking away in frustration. "We almost got caught." I let out a sigh of relief when he finally left.

"We've to be more careful from next time," Seonghwa said. I nodded.

We haven't revealed our relationship in public till now so we have to be more careful from now on.

***

There were a few customers at this time in the cafe. I was sitting with Jina and chatting when we heard something about ATEEZ.

There were three girls sitting around a table, not so far from the place where me and Jina were sitting. They were talking a bit loud so we could hear them well.

"Oh my goodness! There's a scandal about Seonghwa of ATEEZ. Check this out," one of the girls said.

"Gosh...Read this."

"Is this for real?"

I looked at Jina in shock. She too looked at me in shock. She took out her phone and searched for the article. I too looked at her phone.

The title of the article said : Park Seonghwa of ATEEZ caught dating?

"...Had a late night date...Guys look at the pictures..."

I looked at the pictures and realized that it was of yesterday's when I was walking back home with Seonghwa.

So that man managed to take a picture of us?!

In that picture, you could see me and him walking while holding hands. My was was not fully visible. Seonghwa had his mask on but you could tell that it was him.

"He's holding her hand." The girls were still chatting loudly.

"Are you sure he's Park Seonghwa?"

"Can't you tell? It's obviously him."

"Who's this wench?"

"I'll find this girl and give her a lesson."

The thing that I was afraid of...finally happened...

***

I was at home, scrolling through the comments about the article in my laptop. There were a lot of comments against it.

"How can he just date someone?"

"He's an idol, he should just focus on his career."

"I'm gonna kill that crazy girl..."

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"It's really getting crazy..."

There were a lot of malicious comments about Seonghwa and me in that article. Some of them were okay with it but many of them were against it. And my whole attention went the ones who were against it.

Then I got a call. It was from Seonghwa.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Jiyeon-ah, is everything alright?"

"What about you? How are you doing?"

"I'm okay, so don't worry."

"How can it be okay?" I sighed. "It's getting crazy..."

"It's not a big deal. It'll quiet down after a small fuss."

"It's all my fault...I shouldn't have visited you yesterday..."

"Don't blame yourself for it. I'll take care of it myself. So act like you don't know anything. Okay?"

"Okay...Good night." I end the call.

Ah Eottokhae?!...

***

Seonghwa's POV

I sighed and sat on the couch. I was at the dorm with others. Manager-nim came into the room while talking to someone on the phone.

"Yes, Reporter Lee. How could you just post an article about something that hasn't...? Delete it first. Think about the other members...yes, please do it. Nae..." He ended the call.

"What will you do now? I told you not to date and just focus on your career." He sighed. "Do you want to make it public?"

"Hyung...I don't want to reveal it this early."

"Then let's do a press conference and deny it."

"That's not an option...Let's go according to our schedule. I'll take care of it."

I can't reveal about our relationship. She's sensitive about these issues. I need to protect her.

"A tiny tinderbox could burn down. Because of you, the other members..."

I didn't tell anything. He got frustrated and left the room. I leaned back on the couch and sighed.

To be continued...