Chapter 23 : Will I Be Okay?

Wookyung's POV

I was waiting for Jiyeon at the cafe. I prepared a special surprise for her birthday.

"She would love it."

It was waiting for almost half an hour now. But she didn't arrive till now. I looked around the cafe but she was nowhere to be found.

"Did she forget or what? I should call her."

As I was taking out my phone to call her, I heard a familiar voice.

"Wookyung-ah..."

I looked up and saw Eunseo standing in front of me.

"We met again..." She took a seat opposite to me.

"What are doing here?"

"I came with my friends and I happen to see you here."

I look back at my phone and called Jiyeon. She didn't pick up her phone. I tried again but she didn't pick up this time either. I sighed.

"Are you calling Jiyeon?"

I rolled my eyes and tried calling Jiyeon again. I was so frustrated about her not picking up her phone.

"Wookyung, can I tell you something?"

"I don't want to listen it now."

I was going to stand up when she held my wrist and stopped me.

"I've to tell something to you. Please hear it once..." I sighed and sat back on my seat.

"Wookyung...I like you." I looked at her in confusion.

"I liked you since I saw you at the fresher's party. I just admired you from afar and never got the right time to confess to you...But now I got the time so I could tell you how I fell about you. I really like you Wookyung. Can't you like me too?"

"I'm sorry...There's someone else I like." I stood up.

"Is it Jiyeon?..." I was about to walk away but paused in my steps. I looked back at her.

"That someone you like...is Jiyeon, isn't it?" Her tears welled up as she said that. "...Can't I be the one you like?" A tear rolled down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry." I walked out of the cafe to find Jiyeon.

***

"Why isn't she picking up her phone?"

I sighed and ran to her house. I reached her house but it was locked which meant she's still out. So I thought to go to her cafe. I went there and asked Jina about her.

"She left early. It was her birthday so I told her that I'll take care of the cafe today."

I walked out of the cafe. "Where can she be?" I started feeling anxious.

I went to all the places where she could probably be but she wasn't in either of them.

***

It was evening by now. I was still trying to contact her but couldn't. Now her phone was switched off. I was really getting anxious now.

"Jiyeon, where are you?"

Then I got a call from someone. I thought that it would be Jiyeon but it was Eunseo. I picked it up.

"What now?" I said in frustration.

"Looks like you didn't meet her till now."

"If you want to tell nonsense then I'm going to hand up–"

"Don't you want to know where she is now?

"You know where she is?"

"Yeah. I just saw them."

"Them? What do you mean by that?"

"Why don't you see it with your own eyes?"

"Be straight-forward and tell me where she is."

"Go to her house and you'll know everything."

I ended the call and quickly ran to her house. I was confused when she said 'them'.

Who can the other one be?

***

When I reached her house, I saw Jiyeon standing near the gate. I was about to walk towards her when I saw someone else with her. I looked at him, trying to recognise the person.

Isn't he...Seonghwa?!

"What is he doing here now?"

Then he said something to her. I couldn't hear it as I was a bit far from them. They both didn't notice me till now.

Then he suddenly pulled her closer. I clenched my fist tightly as I saw that. I don't know why but I felt angry and heartbroken at the same time.

It felt like someone took a precious thing away from me. I couldn't take it anymore so walked away from there.

***

On my way back home, I felt so heartbroken.

Why wasn't I able to tell her my feelings? Why I didn't tell her?

I regretted it.

To be continued...