Our time apart

I'm so bored, my sister's always out and she keeps asking me to come but I'm not having the greatest time at the moment right now. I'm on instagram and there are some really sad things on here, really deep quotes. Why is life so depressing as a whole, people are really upset these days.

I hear the door click, Aspen's home. She hasn't really spoken to me since I got here but now she probably will. My sister's quite loud, she's funny and doesn't stop speaking. she's older than me by 2 years; I'm 23, she's 25. She's always trying to look after me and she runs the ice cream and candy store a road from my apartment, that I live in with Matt.

"Luce, do you want a cookie?" Aspen asks me with her mouth half full.

"No thanks, Aspy," I reply, Aspen always tries to make sure I eat the sweetest things in the world.

"Okay, fair enough. Anyway how's things going?"

"Not great. I argued with Matt yesterday."

"What? Explain, why did you guys argue?"

"Well...He doesn't treat me like I'm his girlfriend, he won't even call me that in public. I don't think he loves me, he doesn't spend time with me."

"You know, I think Matty isn't the person to express his feelings, I think he does love you but he doesn't know how he should show you because, Lucy, boys have this thing; they can't be too lovey dovey because that's what society says. You understand?" Aspen sits down at the table and touches my hand.

"Yeah, I never thought about it like this. That makes me feel a whole load better. Thanks sis," I smile at her, Aspen is so encouraging.

"Well I'm tired so I'm gonna go to bed; I need rest if I'm going to call him tomorrow." I give her a hug and wave goodbye as I go back to my bed room.

"Not so quickly, come and watch an hour of TV with me." She says, quickly grabbing my arm.

"Okay, fine. Just an hour, no more," I sigh, I really don't want to but I want my sister to be happy.

I walk over to the couch and sit down, I wonder what's on the telly. Aspen comes to sit with me, she flicks through the channels until she sees 'Some Girls'. I love that. I try to concentrate on watching telly but my mind is distracted on other things. Things like me and Matt.

I really hurt him I think, he was angry yesterday. Then he found out that he never loved me enough I think that really pissed him off. I really want to make things right between us, but he needs to do things aswell like calling his girlfriend his girlfriend but I don't think that's going to happen. I don't even know if he loves me, he doesn't show it and yesterday when I told him he just said 'okay'. I want my boyfriend to love me.

"Okay I'm going to bed now," I get up and go to my room.

"Alright, bye Luce."

When I wake up tomorrow I want to have a chat with Matt. I know what I'm going to say, I'll say: Matt I'm sorry about the argument, but I need you to treat me as your girlfriend not your friend. Yes, that's what I'll say and I hope he'll listen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•●•~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I wake up, I smell waffles, that's Aspen. She loves baking and she's very good at it too. I'll go downstairs have some breakfast, then call Matt.

I go downstairs to see a white chocolate converted waffle, that's my favourite. I sit down and start eating my breakfast. "Morning"

"Morning Lucy, how's things?" Aspen asked me, looking up from her iPad.

"Good, I'm going to call him today."

"That's a good idea. What are you going to say?"

"Well, I was thinking of saying I'm sorry for the argument but I need you to treat me like your girlfriend."

That's good. Don't worry about it though of and don't say too much I really think you should have a longer conversation when you go home in the morning."

"Okay, " I say, "I'll call him now. He'll be awake."

"Alright, I'll leave you in peace."

"Thanks. "

I get out my phone and find his contact, I prest dial and listen to the dialing tone for a few seconds. He answers.

"Hello, " I can hear the awkwardness in his voice.

"Hey Matt, I may wanted to say sorry for the argument yesterday."

"Okay, it wasn't just you you know. I did something too."

"Yes, you did. I need you to treat me like a girlfriend. I want to feel like we actually are in a relationship."

"I do treat you like a girlfriend!"

"At home you do, on the street you don't. You don't show me you love me at all, and it fucking hurts."

"Why did you never tell me?"

"I'm telling you now, and I thought you'd change."

"Well, I obviously didn't."

"Yeah and I want you to."

"......"

"Look, we can speak more tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye. "

Well that went well. I just made things alot worse, Matt's angry at me, I'm angry at Matt. Great. I'm scared we might breakup. I want us to sort this out, we can't be together and angry at the same time. Please Matty, let us sort this out.