Prologue

Love. A simple word. A word which brings joy to many. Though to some it is reminder of something they don't want to be reminded of. But everyone has felt some form of love at least once in their lives. Eveline however had never experienced love. How could she when she has only felt one form of emotion. Emptiness. She has lived her life in a basement without even seeing a ray of light. Beaten, raped and abused until she was unconscious. The worst part was the fact that her tormenters were her friends and families. The people that you are supposed to go to for love and support, well Eveline was abused by these people. However, her life has not always been so empty. When she was little she was loved and adored by many and she had an enigmatic personality which meant that she had never been bullied.

That was until now.

It all went downhill when she was nine. Her dad was brutally murdered in front of her and she had been accused of the murder by her ownas sea we mother. The police knew he had not been killed by the innocent girl as it was obvious that he had been mauled by an animal. She could still hear the last word her father said before he died, the word that haunted her mind till this day.

Run.

That single word had been imprinted in her mind forever.