•Ninth•

Facing the mirror, Akriti could do nothing but let her best friend Gracie play Barbie on her, she was strictly told to sit at the bed, and let Gracie do her magic on her.

In simple words, Make her ready for her so called Marriage .

Her marriage was not an extravagant affair, with hundreds of fussy guests, Fancy decorations, Bollywood songs, Flowery arrangements and Never ending buffet .

It was plain, modest and unostentatious temple wedding.  A nearby temple wedding where only her Best friend Gracie, Adarsh, Shyam uncle, His wife and Her Groom, Nakul Dixit would be present .

With No flowery decorations but The temple idol and The old priest who is waiting For both the bride and groom to reach .

The type of Marriage day she never imagined .

Even you never imagined that you would marry when your father is in hospital .  The inner voice rebuked.

“Don’t frown Dumbo” Gracie yelled on her for the 15th time . Now no frowning, What was she supposed to do then ?

She wasn’t aloud to speak nor open her eyes and now not even let her thoughts bring an expression .  She so wanted to shout .

On Everyone.

Gracie, Nakul and Her own father .

It was her Father, Behind every damn thing happening today .

He blackmailed,  Emotionally Blackmail, her to the extent that she had no choice but to give in . The father she loved the most was in the hospital and here she was getting married .

To Nakul .

That Idiot just agreed to whatever dad said . How the hell could he do this ?
She was livid. Was that Emotion possible on your wedding day ?

She had to shout, Pull tantrums, Throw things but here she was sitting like a mannequin and her Best Friend was putting make up on her . The make up she never heard of .

Base, Concealer, Toner , Primer, Setting powder and Contours .

What the hell is Contours ?

“Will you stop making faces, Akriti Verma? Or I’ll make sure you look like witch on your wedding day” Gracie threatened.

“Will you stop caking my face with all those things, I feel like  Khloe Kardashian” Akriti Complained as she still felt pricks and brush strokes on her face .

Gracie rolled her eyes . “Wait and Watch Prin-cess .”

Few Deep breaths. She chanted .

“I’m done, Pheww Taking a deep sigh, Gracie announced after few more torturing minutes which felt like hours .

“Open Your eyes Baby girl…And shout how much you love me” Gracie squealed bringing Akriti in front of the full length mirror .

Slowly opening her eyes, Akriti couldn’t believe what she saw .

A beautiful lady looked back at her, Dressed in a Maroon A-line frock and a white embroidered Dupatta which gave a mesmerizing look to her apparel . She had Pearl Bangles in her hands, Her mother’s Belongings.
Her outfit included Pearl earrings which went too well with her Dress .