~Is It The End?~

"Jason I have bad news. And please, don't let Jessica know. She will be terrified. Please. Unfortunately, I received a message from an unknown number...and it was saying that Jessica's dad made a car accident while he was on his way to the airport. The accident was huge. The car flipped upside down and was burning. Fortunately, people got my husband out of the car but his condition was terrible. The ambulance is trying to rescue him anyway, but he is hurt badly, and they think there's no hope... But I'm sure he will be okay. I'm sure he will survive the accident. The message I received also said that the person who crashed into my husband's car ran away. And the police still couldn't find him. I sent you this message so that you could try to distract Jessica today. I won't be okay, and she can't see me like that. I beg you not to tell Jessica. At least for today."

A tear escaped from an eye as I was reading the word 'there's no hope'. But how? He was totally fine! It's just a car accident! Will he die? No no no! I'm sure he will not die. I have hope. But doctors said there's no hope... I need to stop thinking that way. It's okay. It's okay. Everything will be fine. But I can't stop! He is not okay! I can feel it! I know he-

"Give me that phone!" said Jason cutting my thoughts. 

"I want to see dad," I said as I wiped my tears. I didn't realize my face was in a horrible state except when I saw my reflection on Jason's phone. My eyes were full of tears. My nose was red as a tomato. I didn't realize I loved dad that much. 

"Oh. You...you read?" asked April

"Yes"

"Jessica, we will all be with you. Don't forget that your mother said that she's sure he's okay. Don't worry. He will be fine" said April, trying to comfort me.

"I...I want to go home. Now." I said as I stood up. 

"Calm down Jessie. Calm down" said Jason passionately. 

"Don't tell me to calm down! I want to go home! NOW!" I yelled at him. Jason and April both stared shortly at me then looked to each other in disbelief. I know all the students in the cafeteria were staring at me, but I didn't care. All I cared about was dad.

"Sorry" I mumbled. "I...I just want to go home." 

"It's okay Jessie. I know how are you feeling" said Jason as he stood up. "I can tell the monitor you needed to go urgently."

"Thanks," I said weakly as another tear fell from my eye.

"We will come after school to see how are you doing. Be strong" said April with a sad expression.

I nodded and then April hugged me. I took a deep breath, then I started moving out of the cafeteria. I even didn't care to gather my books, I just cared about dad. Is he okay?

Thankfully, I got out of school. I was doing nothing but asking myself questions all the way home. When? How? And who?! Who crashed into dad's car and escaped?! My heart was beating stronger as I went closer to my home. When I finally reached home, I knocked fiercely on the door. 

"Mom! Open the door!" I yelled. 

"Jessica?" said mom as she opened the door. I could tell she has been crying and sobbing hardly from her face. It was obvious on her.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" she said. She was quivering as she wiped her tears.

"I knew what happened. Is...is dad okay? Please tell me he is. I know he's fine! Right?"

 She fell to her knees, crying out. She started biting her lower lip and her eyes welled up with tears. "Mom! Please tell me he's alright!" I said as I sat beside her on the ground.