~Bye, Forever~

"Is she okay? What did the doctors say?" asked Bessie.

I ignored her and sat on the chair distressingly. I can't talk. I'm lifeless. She sat beside me and looked at me. Then she got the answer from my face. I was miserable. My eyes couldn't stop crying. I cried non-stop. My nose was red. My face was damp from the tears that didn't stop rolling over them. What made me more hurt was what the doctor said.

"Sorry miss but you should know. There's no hope. Your mother's case is very dangerous. We tried helping her but she doesn't respond to any of our treatments. Comas in people last from many days to multiple weeks. In some of the severe cases, coma will last for more than five weeks, and a few people experience coma for many years. A few people die. And unfortunately, there's 85 percent chance you mother will die"

"I don't know what to say," Bessie said with a pained expression.

I just sat in my place, looking to mom through the window glass in front of me. She's breathing through an artificial respiration machine and I can't do anything about it. She's lying almost dead in a bed in front of me and I can't do anything about it. I'm useless. I'm stupid. I'm broken. What was the worst thing that would happen if I kept my mouth shut? What would happen if I didn't tell her? I'm the worst daughter ever.

"I'm hopeless," I said weakly

Bessie looked to me and hugged me a quick hug. Then she said, "We are all with you".

-------

"We will all be with you. Don't worry," said April.

-------

I suddenly remembered. The same thing is happening again. But this time, I'm seeing everything in my own eyes. This time, I'm standing not able to do anything.

I forced a smile at Bessie, and she weakly nodded. She's generous. She didn't go home from yesterday and chose to stay with me and sleep in the hospital. At least she slept. But I, on the other hand, wasn't able to blink my eye. Though I was exhausted. I tried to sleep, but I could not.

I stood up and stared at mom through the window. I looked at the artificial respiration machine. I listened to it's 'beeps'. Then I stared at her angelic face. Blonde hair. Her hug, I'm going to miss her hug. And her scent...

I moved towards the room's door and pushed it to enter to mom. I slowly stepped towards her bed. Then, I sat on the bed and caught her soft hand.

"Mom, please don't leave me" I whispered as I cried.

"Can you hear me?" I cried.

"Please mom, please! I forgive you mom, but please get up!"

Every time I would talk to her and she didn't respond, I would cry louder. I buried myself in her and squeezed her hand. Suddenly, mom moved surprisingly and her hands quivered. I instantly got up and saw her opening her eyes.

"Mom?" I asked as I squeezed her hands tighter.

Unexpectedly, she opened her eyes slowly and rubbed them.

"Mom, are you...awake?" I asked shockingly.

She opened her eyes and smiled weakly when she saw me.

"Mom!" I happily exclaimed. I can't believe it! I had already lost hope! Thanks, God!

"Jessica..." mom said softly. I instantly hugged her and didn't pull back. I missed this. A lot.

"Forgive me, Jessica," she said in a weak tone.

"I forgive you, mom. I could never not forgive you" I said as I hugged her tighter. Then, I pulled back. I stared at her as she was smiling at me.

Suddenly, I felt her hands quivering harder. At the same time. the artificial respiratory machine sounds started getting louder.

"BEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEP" was what I heard.

"Mom?" I said as I stared at her face. She was pale and looked...weird. This can't be happening right?

"Mom?" I asked again. My jaw dropped to the floor when I realized what's happening.

"I think I lived enough. I don't deserve to live more. Take care of yourself, sweetie. And please, forgive me..." were her last words. 

"She's dying!" I yelled. I could hear Bessie standing up surprisingly not able to do anything. I heard her telling doctors to come and help. Mom was shivering. I held her hand and cried "Mom, please stay!"

"I forgive you! Believe me, I forgive you!"

She didn't say a word. I cried quietly, then I looked at the machine. Its sounds were getting faster every single moment. I was sobbing hysterically and hiccuping. She was living the last moments of her life.

"Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

"MOM PLEASE! DON'T DIE! PLEASE COME BACK!"

Doctors came and started pulling me from her. I yelled, screamed, cried, and shouted. Bessie was trying to pull me too until I finally let mom's hands-free. She died.

~~~~

"You will never be a bad daughter in my eyes"

"You're the best thing in my life. You're the only thing left from your dad, Jessica. I will never let anyone hurt you"

"I'm proud of you. I'm truly proud of you, Jessie"

"Jessica, sweetie, please take care of yourself. I will always be there for you. You don't know what do you mean to me. You are my life. I'm ready to die to make you live. Please Jessica, please, if anything happened or someone hurt you, tell me. I'm your mother honey"

"I'm happy for you!"

~~~

"That's my fate" I muttered under my breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

I have nothing to say. Seriously. When I first started writing this, I've known that Jessie's mom will die at the end. But I didn't know it will be that sad. I couldn't write her death scene. Maybe you all guys noticed how couldn't I write it!

(Sigh) Anyway, that was the end. Tragic end. Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Huh, so I guess it's bye? Bye right? Bye!

Thank you!