~Can Happiness last?~

Before the Graduation Day

"Guys, I'm very excited! Tomorrow will possibly be the best day of my life! I can't believe we will finally graduate from high school, it felt we've been there for centuries" I said in a happy tone. I was FaceTiming Bella and April, discussing how happy the day is gonna be. 

"You're too lucky Jessie! Tomorrow's you graduation and your birthday too!" said April happily.

"Yeah...way too lucky!" laughed Bella. 

"Jessie!" I heard mom yelling. I was afraid. I'm not sure why, but I felt she's crying. But not sad tears, they are happy tears. "I'm coming, mom!" I shouted. 

"Guys, I will call you later!" I said then I closed my phone without even hearing what did they say. I got out of my bed, and walked to the door, and unlocked it. I usually don't lock my door a lot, but since I knew what did that monster do, I lock my door for extra safety. I opened my room's door and spotted mom walking up the stairs, holding an opened envelope.

"Yes, mom?" I said as I went to her. It was obvious on her face she was crying as I said, but she was happy. "What's that?" I asked curiously. We rarely do get mails, so it was weird to see mom holding one. She hugged me surprisingly and said, "I'm proud of you". I hugged her back, and for a second, I forgot everything she did. I forgot she destroyed my life. Her hug was comfortable. It was warm. I could smell her beautiful scent of the perfume I got her. Then, we both pulled back at the same time and she handed me the envelope she was holding. 

"What's that?" I muttered. "Read it and you will know," she said excitedly, wiping her tears. I took a brief look at the envelope and noticed the slogan of NYU, New York University. 

 May,21,2020

Dear Jessica Wilson, 

Congratulations! 

I'm delighted to inform you that you've been admitted to New York University, New York, and that's truly an extraordinary achievement. You have distinguished yourself as someone of enormous intellectual ability, the type of student who can benefit from the unique education that NYU New Yor-

"You've been accepted!" said my mother cutting my reading. "Oh my God! I can't believe it!" I yelled with happiness. Am I in a dream? Oh no, I don't get good dreams, I just have nightmares, so surely this isn't a dream!

"I'm truly proud of you, Jessie. We must celebrate!" 

"Mom, tomorrow is my graduation ceremony. And my birthday. This will truly be the greatest celebration in my life. But...I mean...Oh my God, I can't really believe it!" I happily said. 

"Okay sweetie, as you like. I just...I just can't believe you will leave me. I will be alone" She said in a sad tone. You know what? That's nothing from what she deserves. She's sad she will be alone? Oh really? She was the one who killed dad. She deserves that and even more. She should be lonely fo-

"Aren't you sad?" she said looking deeply in my eyes. I...I can't answer that question. She's making me nervous. What shall I say? Her eyes make confused. But I must answer. To show her I'm sad. 

"Mom, I'm sad. Maybe even more than you. But oh mom come on! That's after two or three months! Let's do every great thing we haven't done before! Let's have fun!" I said excitedly. Oh, I think I overacted. Um, right?

"You know what? You are right! Let's have fun, Jessie! But not today hun! I have a couple of articles I need to hand over!" She said laughing. 'It's okay you murderer. I didn't wanna go anywhere with you from the beginning' I thought. 

"It's okay mommy. We still have the rest of the summer vacation!" I said trying to act it cool.

She gave me a quick hug and said "Okay Jessie. I'm going to prepare dinner, birthday girl!" she said leaving me and going down the stairs. Phew!