~Did I just hear..?~

~~ 1 year later~~

 I had been in a bad depression since dad's death, but everything is now different. I visited a psychological doctor, Dr.Philip, and I've been better. He's a great doctor. When I spoke to him, I felt like I got out everything inside of me. He made me speak and say everything inside me. And that made me feel better. 

Concerning mom, she found a great job with an efficient salary. She works as a journalist in local newspapers, as she had always wanted. And me, I'm okay. I missed one month from my junior year, but the school said it's okay and that I can go to the next year in high school, the senior year. So, I go to school, mom works, and everything's perfect. Anyway, today is Saturday, and I don't have school, but unfortunately, mom needed to go to work urgently.

Today is a special day for mom because it's her 39th birthday. I planned everything. And since mom doesn't have a lot of friends, I decided it would be better if just both of us celebrated it. I ordered a big vanilla cake and hid it in my room's mini-fridge. I also bought her a brand new perfume and makeup palette. I wish she likes them!

Until she comes home, I will be at Bella's house, studying. We have a Mathematics exam Wednesday, and I'm suffering to understand a single word, so Bella said we can study at hers. This is our last exam in the year, and I would finally finish high school. Freedom is too close! But still, I had college to finish. Ugh. Anyway, I went to her home and we both started studying in her huge, cozy room's bed when she suddenly asked me:

"Hey Jessie, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure!" I said happily.

"Did you know who...crashed into your father's car?" she asked curiously, but I saw in her face a look that said 'Please don't cry'.

"No," I said as I closed the book I was holding.

"I'm sorry if I-"

"It's okay. No need to apologize, you didn't do anything" I said, trying to hold back a tear.

"Okay then, what do you think about getting an ice-cream?" she said, trying to comfort me. She knew I liked ice-cream more than anything in the world, so she always used it as a weapon to comfort me.

"That would be great!" I said cheerfully as I smiled.

She stood up from her bed and went down to the kitchen to bring ice-creams from the refrigerator. Meanwhile, I checked if my phone got any messages. Just when I opened my Whatsapp, a message was sent to me from mom. 

"Sweetie, I'm home"

"I will be coming in five! =) "

"Take your time. Bye!"

"Bye!"

Just when I closed my phone, Bella, the blonde-haired and blue-eyed girl,  appeared in front of my face with the ice-creams and said brightly "Here are the keys to your success!"

"Thanks!" I said as I frantically grabbed one from her hands. "I need to go home. Mom's there." I said while opening the ice-cream.

"It's okay! Tell her I wish her a happy birthday!"

"I will. See you later, alligator!" I said as I grabbed my phone and books then stood up.

"Haha" she responded sarcastically.

I went to the room's door, opened it, and then closed it behind me. Then I went all the way down the stairs. When I reached the main door, I looked one more look at the house, then went. Bella's house is quite large and comfortable. It's like my second home. It's also not too far from our house, so I can go whenever I want. Anyway, I crossed the street and walked a few steps, where I could see my house in view. When I was in front of the house, I saw a strange grey car parked. Then suddenly I received a message. I stopped in my place and grabbed my phone from my jean's pockets. Unexpectedly, I've received a message from mom that said: