~Is This A Nightmare?~

1 month later

Hhhhhh, New York. I've nearly gone everywhere in NY with Bessie through the month I've spent here. NY is like...the type of place I needed to go to refresh. I needed to rest.

Concerning mom, she's been acting weird lately. She rarely calls me and when she does so, we talk about ten minutes or something. She always tries to finish the phone call as fast as she could, as if she's busy with something. But anyway, I don't care. Ugh.

And Bessie, she's really cool. She's confident, happy, positive, and most importantly, the maddest person I've ever met. She wanted me to jump off a cliff, which, unfortunately, I did. She pressured me!

I opened my phone to change the song I was listening to when I heard a doorbell. It's Bessie. Of course. But wait, did she even tell me she's coming? I lazily got up from the couch and yawned then I yelled "Coming!". Before I went to the door, I grabbed my beige robe from beside me and wore it. Then I slowly walked up to the door then opened it, and was surprised to see Steve in front of me.

"Good evening dear!" He happily exclaimed.

"Good evening Steve!" I said as I tried to force a smile. He was wearing his regular clothes, black trousers, and a white shirt, while I was wearing a red top and black leggings underneath the robe. He was holding a big bag, that seemed very familiar to me. I've seen it before, I'm sure. It was a pink travel bag, with white flowers spread all over it. Wait? Is this mom's travel bag? Did she co-

"You have an important guest!" He happily exclaimed as-oh. My mother. Wow. I mean, oh wow. Err, my mother smilingly appeared from beside him. My face turned 180 degrees and my phone slipped from between my hands. I didn't care to get it. I just stared for what feels centuries. "Mom?" I asked surprisingly. Or more specifically, shockingly. Bad move. I shouldn't have done that.

"Jessie! Sweetie! I missed you! Aw come I wanna hug you!" she said as she kindly pulled me into a hug. Her scent. Her face. Her hug. She. I didn't pull her back, besides, I stood shocked in my place as she hugged me. Oh. Another bad move. She pulled back and rubbed her thumb in my face and said "What's wrong, Jessie?". Oh. She noticed? Of course, she would notice! Who wouldn't? Even Steve noticed that I didn't hug her back and just stood there speechless.

"N-nothing I'm just-s-surprised?" I said shyly as I quivered.

"Hmm, okay! Will you let me in then?" she said playfully.

"Uhh, sure, come in mom," I said as I opened the door to her. I turned to Steve and said "Thank you, Steve! I will have the bag" I said as he gave me the bag. "You're both still on a fight, right?" he muttered. "Umm, yeah, yes, maybe. I don't know. We will handle it" I muttered. "Good. Because she seemed confused when I told her you're still sad about the fight" he said as he walked towards the elevator's door. OH MY GOD. STUPID!

"Uhh, okay thanks. Don't worry everything's gonna be fine" I said as I closed the door slowly. He nodded, then I observed him entering the elevator and I closed the door. I picked up my phone from the floor and then angrily hit my head on the door, but that's when I remembered mom probably watched me doing it. When I turned to see mom and act normally, I didn't find her.

"Mom!" I yelled. I knew what was she doing. Roaming in the house. Watching. Observing. And examining every inch in the house. That's my mother.

"I'm in your room, Jessie!" she said.

I walked up to my room and found her sitting on my bed, looking to me. "What's wrong?" I said.

"You mean, what's wrong with you? You seemed sad that I was coming! And what's that 'fight thing' you told Scott?"