~Reaction~

I found it. I found the solution. I will not do anything. I will not go anywhere. I will pretend I just didn't hear anything. I will try to act normally. And that's it. No one's going to change it. I'm certain that's the right decision. 

I just thought about it. A girl lost her father in an accident. She discovers her mother is the killer. Would she like to lose her mother too? No. Though I hate my mother now than anything in the world, she will stay my mother forever. And I don't want to lose her too. Dad is enough to lose. Not mom too, God.

I will shut up my mouth as much as I can, and I will react with mom as less as I could. I will be patient as I could until I move to New York, where my college will be located. But...I can't be patient that much. I mean, I must wait a week until I finish school. Then, I must wait until the summer vacation is over. And the summer vacation is more than three months! I can't live them with this demon in one house! I'm afraid she would kill me one night while I'm sleeping...

I just don't know how will I live. The college will be over one day, and I will be obligated to return to mom and the house. What will I do when that happens? But I... don't expect mom will live that long. I'm certain my step-mother will tell the cops on her. If I was her, I was going to do that. What will make her defend her husband's wife? Nothing. So there's no doubt she could do it. 

I don't know why I'm feeling I forgot something...Something important. Oh yeah, my mother's birthday. That's the first step to show mom that I'm normal. I stood up from my comfy bed then I looked one final look at the mirror in front of me, to make sure I'm looking normal. Expectedly, I noticed a tear rolling towards my nose, so I took a tissue from the table lying under the mirror and wiped it. At the same time, I opened the table's second drawer to grab my mother's gifts. I don't know how I'm even doing this. 

I took out the wrapped make-up palette first, then the perfume. I placed them on my bed, then I walked to the mini-fridge beside my bed and opened it. I bent on my knees and took the vanilla cake from the fridge. Afterward, I closed the mini-fridge door by my leg, then I placed the cake on my bed. I ran to the door and unlocked it. Finally, I held the gifts in a cartoon-bag by my left hand, and at the same time, I held the cake in my right hand. 

I started moving in the stairs, watching every step to make sure I wouldn't trip. From my place, I could see mom sitting on the couch in a comfortable position, reading a book called The Journalist and the Murderer by Janet Malcolm. Oh seriously? I don't doubt she got the idea of killing dad by this book. I can't stand her at all! I completed moving silently until I reached the ground. When I appeared in my mother's view, mom looked to me surprisingly and said: Oh dear! I thought you forgot! How could I? Come here, come." As I stepped closer to her, she closed the book and placed it beside her, then I smilingly said "How could I mommy? I would be a bad daughter!"

"You will never be a bad daughter in my eyes" she sweetly said. I...she always uses a soft tone that makes me forget everything. I even forgot what did she do to dad when she told me that sentence. I don't know even if she's deceiving me or...she really loves me. 

Mom made me change her image in my mind. Mom is now for me a serious killer. I can't change my opinion of her. Every time I look at her face, I see dad screaming and yelling. But at the same time, I see an angel. Her white gorgeous skin and her light blue eyes make it barely impossible for me to believe she killed dad! I just can't believe it... I... I'm afraid she would have to do the same with me if I did anything. Then, I will be like dad. Killed because of a stupid mistake.

"Mom, you're the best. Happy birthday!" I lied as I sat beside her. I placed the cake in between us and the gifts on the ground. 

"Thank you, dear! Believe me, you're the best daughter ever!" she said in a happy tone. She stood up and brought us two forks from a drawer. Then, she returned and sat beside me. She handed me a fork as she said "Did you pay for that cake? And oh wait, you bought me two gifts?" she asked curiously.