Chapter 26

Sara has been scrolling her phone for hours, wanting distraction from all the numbing weird thoughts she has been having the entire day. She even completed all her pending assignments, tidied the entire house and cooked dinner for her and her brother. But then, nothing can be done to keep her mind off that one thing that has been on her mind since the moment she woke up this morning.

Jungkook

"What the heck is wrong with me?", she runs her hands in her messy uncombed hair, groaning to herself as she slumps on the bed. "I need more distractions"

Turning to her side, she set her phone on silent and put it under her big soft pillow. Stretching to her night stand, she reached for her favourite book to read whenever she feels a tad bit lost.

The Little Prince

That book has been her personal favourite since she was in middle school. She has lost count how many times she has read the book but never once felt bored. It's such an escape to her, to read about the adventure of the innocent little prince in the book. She loves the book dearly with her entire heart. The book makes you think about how you see the world and how someone else see the world. It can never be the same. And the differences are meant to be respected and not judged.

As she was about to flip the book open, a soft knock on her door is heard.

"Hoseok?", she looks up at the door.

"It's Yuna. Can I come in?"

"It's not locked. Come in", Sara placed the book back on the night stand as she hears the door slowly being pushed open. "Comeee"

"Why are you still awake?", Yuna points at the clock as she closes the door behind her. "Don't tell me you're not sleepy. It's almost 1 am!?"

"I can't sleep"

Grabbing one fluffy pillow at the edge of the bed, Yuna scoots upwards till she is sitting right in front of Sara. She examines her friend's puffy eyes, scanning her face before letting out a short sigh.

"You're overthinking again, aren't you?"

Yuna's question made her gulp, realizing how easily she can be read by her. After all, Yuna knows her like the back of her hand. No matter how she tried to hide her feelings, sooner or later, she will just crack it open with only one look at her.

"What are you thinking about?", her eyebrows furrowed, lips pressed together. "Yeonjun...again?"

"No", a sigh escaped her lips for the nth time that night. "I am just thinking about me"

"What are you thinking about?"

Sara avert her eyes at first, wanting to conceal as much emotions as she could but then, she needs advice or anything that she can hold on to. Keeping everything to herself has been very burdening, driving her insane silently. She shows what she wants to show and hides what she doesn't want to show. In other words, most of her disturbing feelings are often kept to herself. She doesn't want people to think too much about her.

She wants to sort all of these irrational thoughts by herself. She wants to cure herself, on her own.

"Hey", she heard Yuna's soft voice.

Flicking her eyes up to meet Yuna's worried pair of eyes, Sara swallowed slowly as she begins arranging her thoughts.

"I don't know why...but...me feeling—I mean, suddenly feeling comfortable around people...feels odd"