Chapter 5.

Zina woke up on a bed of an unfamiliar room. It was quite huge and complete with purple and black everything. Zina was startled by the softness of the bed. She usually slept on the ground or in a tree during the day and had fun at night.

She struggled to get out of the covers, cursing it loudly. She walked around the room, observing everything in it. " Wow. A room with a fishing pond." She said as she put her hand in the aquarium , grabbed a fish and swallowed it whole. She gagged , she looked around for a place to throw up.

She finally came into a room with a bowl of water connected to the wall. She ran to the bowl and threw up. The fish came out and swam in the water . "What dreadful fish they have." She grumbled.

She watched the fish swim around for a short while and then begun to get up. "That's a toilet, Y'know." A female voice from behind her said. Zina was frightened , she jumped up and her hand landed on a silver object connected to the bowl.

A roaring sound erupted from the bowl and Zina jumped forward ready to fly off. Forgetting completely that she had given her wings away, she fell face flat on the floor, right in front of the human. Zina got up quickly, and grabbed the neck of the human.

Her face remained expressionless, like she knew what would happen before it did. "Is this anyway to treat your pretend mother, Zina." She said in a hushed tone. Zina set her down on the floor, remembering why she was where she was and who, or what, the human actually was.

Zina refused to apologise. Sorry was quite a heavy word on her tongue. " When does my mission begin?" She asked quickly, attempting to change the subject. She brushed right by the human and walked towards a chair by the window.

" You would have to attend the Melbourne Street College. That is where Angelo goes. My partner and I did some research on him." She sat down on the bed, sighed heavily and crossed her legs. "He is twenty years old. Darkos begun his attempted torture on the boy when he was seventeen. He was adopted by the Robbins family. We would make sure that you have the same classes and you're dorm rooms would be close. Now freshen up you have a long day."

She got up and grabbed Zina's hands pulling her towards the place she described as the bathroom. She taught her how to use the shower and where she could get clean clothes to wear.

She took her bath, which included constant screams and falling. " That cursed thing. When I'm done with my mission, I'll kill the idiot who made it." She pulled a towel from the rack and wrapped it around her naked body.

She walked towards an object with a girl trapped it. She smiled at the scene, but the girl smiled back. Zina stretched her hands and touched the girl, she copied the action.

Zina then noticed that it was an image of her, just like the ones she saw in the rivers where she lived. She admired herself; her green eyes glistened in the lights of the room, long curly locks of her cascaded down her shoulders, olive skin but pure black shiny lips. She suddenly felt pretty and she didn't like the feeling.

She moved away from the image and headed back to the room. She picked her old clothes from the floor and begun to put them on. "No, those clothes just won't do. Take these." The female ,Noël, said handing over some new black clothes. " these are some of the things you're gonna wear.

She took the clothes from Noël's hands and wore them. She refused to admire herself again in the bathroom. She headed straight out of the room. Unfamiliar with her surroundings, she ran down a flight of stairs that lead to a living room.

Both shifters, still in the form of humans, were seated on a plush couch watching a reality show about three sisters. "Are you ready to go, Zina?" Noël asked her without taking her eyes off the screen.

Zina nodded , although Noël wasn't looking at her. "Peter would bring you back home when school closes, or would you prefer to take a car or a motorbike by yourself?" Noël asked with a curved lips, when she finally turned, almost sinister looking.

"Motorbike." Zina replied so quickly that is was hard to get. Noël got up and handed Zina a key, she lead Zina towards the garage.

Inside were loads of cars, of many types and colours but mostly red and black. Zina walked through looking for a motorbike. At the far end of the garage lay a black motorbike.

" That's a ducati 848." Zina squealed, not caring how ridiculous she sounded. She knew what it was because a boy she frequently used to scare had them all over his bedroom walls.

Noël opened the garage doors with a remote. Zina hoped on the bike, put on her helmet and sped off. It was her first time riding. She had crashed into two garbage cans and ran over a squirrel, but she got better and rode faster.

She never stopped for a red light. She just rode, she didn't care whether she was being watched or not, she just sped. The adrenaline was flowing through her veins like wild fire. She took one hand off the handle bars and quickly took off the helmet. She threw it at a couple sitting at a café.

"Hej . Chcesz diabeł dziecko . Mam nadzieję, że spadnie na śmieciarka i umrzeć ." The lady screamed and threw a teacup at Zina but she missed by about an inch.

She read from a sign board that she was close to the school. She road faster, speeding through intersections and zebra crossings.

She finally arrived at the school. It was had a huge lawn, but all together it was quite small. There were few students roaming around. She sighed deeply, exhaling heavily. " Well here goes nothing." She said as she headed towards the main doors.

____________________________________________

It's Christmas in a few hours. I gotta spend time with my family so if there were a lot of mistakes, you can put the blame on them. Merry Christmas. :D

Vote, follow & comment.

All rights reserved.

TheSharkFin.