Chapter 9

Zina pulled away quickly, from the extremely heated kiss. Her lips felt raw and almost numb. She had kissed many times but never this intense.

She placed her fingers on her lower lip and instantly cringing in pain. Darkos moved in closer, holding her by the shoulders tightly as he leaned in.

"You were the first thing I saw when I woke up from my slumber.  Ever since then, I couldn't get you out of my mind."  His eyes glistened in the moonlight, and his lips stained in red liquid.

Zina pushed him back and took a step back. She balled a fist and swung it at his jaw. Darkos howled in pain as Zina dashed towards the school entrance.

The sky was mildly lit up by the sunlight. Huge gusts of wind crashed against her skin , giving her goosebumps. Thick locks of hair danced in the air as it brushed over her head.

She entered the school quickly, hearing the sound of feet slapping against the cold marble floor. She ran even harder,  trying her best to outrun Darkos.

She then remembered that she was soaked and stained in thick blood that was no longer red , but now black.

She ran past her room, going down the unfamiliar path. The sound of feet grew louder, and somewhat heavier.

She thought of trying something she never thought would work but since she had taken all of Darkos ' abilities, there was a chance that she would be successful. 

She jumped as high as she possibly could. While she was midair, she concentrated on one thought and one thought only. She disappeared.

*

*

*

Zina opened her eyes and found herself no longer in the hallways of the school but now in the woods, Darkos' Woods. She looked around checking for signs of any living creature. His woods were said to be full of enchanted creatures, but no one who went in came back out to clarify.

She dared no scream for help because if she did, she would become an ingredient for a witch's broth. She walked slowly, heading north.

Her feet crushed fallen leaves and sticks that scattered the ground. There was no other sound, other than her movement and heavy breathing.

She walked onward, and the soil seemed moist. Zina walked ahead, listening closely for any approaching fiend.

All she heard was the rushing sound of water. Excitedly, she dashed forward,  forgetting completely about the slashing mud that slammed on her boots with every step she made.

A river. A small river , flowing downwards, crashing on rocks and spraying few drops are the water dashed by.

Zina stripped off all her clothes and entered the ice cold water.  She rinced her  body  with her hands, trying her best to remove the metallic scent the blood left behind.

She then noticed that she couldn't wear her old - new clothes. She transported herself the river to her dorm room with "her" new power.

She appeared in her dorm room , still nude and soaking wet. She then realised that she had no clothes so she would have to wear one of Ally's.

She picked out the first things she could find; a huge yellow, orange and pink poncho , and tiptoed outside because Ally was still asleep.

She walked over to the parking lot where he motor was parked. She got on it and ignited the engine. She rode quickly , looking left and right for any signs of Darkos.

He was nowhere to be found. She arrived at the Maxwell house in less that ten minutes because the roads were quite empty.

She turned off the engine and hopped off the bike. She dashed through the front doors and headed towards the stairs.

"Noël? Peter? Where are you?" She yelled at the top of her voice to the shifters who were possibly asleep. " Noël , come out."

She walked stood in the middle of the stairs waiting for anyone to appear. " What is all this screaming for?" Noël's voice whisper - yelled. A shadow walked towards the stairs, grunting loudly.

The below the shadow , a pair of hooves started to form as the light hit it. The shadow walked closer till the light had shone on its whole body.

This was no longer the innocent looking mortal that Noël pretended to be, it was a beast.

The beast had legs like those of a buffalo , completely covered with fur all the way up to the waist where it turns into shiny scales that went up the arm to the fingers.

Instead of webbed feet, it had webbed hands with long black nails. Zina caught a glimpse of a skinny sleek snake - looking object behind Noël.  A tail. Noël had a long black tail that danced gracefully in the air.

Zina refused to look up at Noël's face but curiosity was killing her. It was covered in long red hair , and in place of a human face was a lion.

Zina took a step back as she looked at this creature with a disgusted expression. Noël noticed her uncomfortable feelings with her appearance so she begun to shift back into a human form.

Skin begun to spread over her body, covering every sign of the beast she really is. Her legs straightened out and seemed to get a shorter. Soon enough, the woman who she met before was back in front of her but the curly red hair still remained.

" Well why are you here, Zina?" She asked a stern yet sleepy voice. She rubbed her eyes and walked towards the kitchen. She took a mug and poured herself a glass of a foul smelling liquid. She swallowed it all and turned over to Zina, who hadn't moved a step.

" I have no clothes." Zina blurted out. Noël begun to giggle. " I woke up at dawn and went on a killing spree but when I was done, I was stained in blood and had no other clothes to replace them."

Noël laughed even harder , clutching onto her stomach and shaking wildly.  " is that why you're w - wear..." she choked loudly on her own laughter . She grabbed onto the kitchen counter tried her best to stop laughing.

" Why are you laughing?  This is really very serious." Zina demanded as she stomped to the kitchen. Her patience diminishing with every giggle she made.

She slammed her fist on the counter and Noël stopped slowly.

" Is that why you're wearing that parachute?" She blurted out with a huge smile on her face. Zina frowned and grunted loudly as she walled towards the stairs, leaving Noël behind. " Check your closet!"

She entered and headed for the closet , it was full of clothes, all black and red with hints of white. She picked out a red small top and a black long skirt.

She wore some underwear that she had found in the closet as well and got dressed completely.

The shirt was cut off just above her belly button and the skirt swept the floors are she walked.

She pulled out some of the clothes from the closet, wrapped them in the poncho and dashed out of the front door. "Bye, Zina!" Noël yelled as she slammed the front door. 

She got on her bike, with the load slung over her shoulder, riding down the street back towards the school.

The sun was out now, and people were on the roads.

She got there not as quickly as she left but she did get there early.  She walked down the hallways of the Pandora , with all eyes on her. Whispers filled the air, all pointed towards Zina.

She walked towards her door room only to stop in shock. On her door, painted in blood "Zina you would be mine."

____________________________________________

I was gonna do an early update but my network was messing up so I might possibly right two today. Thanks. :D

Vote, follow & comment.

All rights reserved.

TheSharkFin.