11) Seeing Double

- The Past -
Adrien's POV

The moment we arrived back at Marinette's, we were drained. Mari obviously had an idea, but it didn't seem like she was willing to elaborate just yet.

"What's this?" I asked, picking up a piece of paper from the desk.

Park
tomorrow @ 10
See you there

"I'm not sure, but we better find out."

- • - • - • - • - • - • -

The next morning the two of us met up. The park was quite empty, just a few people here and there.

On one bench, the one we seemed to be heading to, there were two people. They both wore sunglasses though the guy also had on a hat.

I had to admit, I was pretty jealous. He had blond hair similar to mine, but it was more unruly, sticking closer to Chat Noir. He had a defined jawline and biceps, and he was simply wearing jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

He had his arm wrapped around the woman, and there was only one way to describe her... beautiful.

Her eyes were covered by the glasses, but she had her reflective blue hair out and up into a bun and a pair of leggings and a tank top. Her porcelain skin was bright and was accented nicely by the color of her hair. It was obvious she was pregnant, pretty far along by the looks of it, but she didn't pay any mind. Instead, she simply looked down at the magazine in her hands and didn't pay any notice to me and m'lady as we got closer.

"Great minds think alike, huh?" Mari asked. It was sometimes hard to remember that she was an adult given the fact that she appeared to be a teenager, but she had the same confidence and loyalty I would expect from Ladybug at any age.

The woman slowly slid down her glasses, her bright blue eyes shining through. "I guess so."

Mari's face turned into a huge grin as she began running towards the man, and he promptly stood and did the same.

"Adrien!"

"Marinette! Oh my gosh, are you okay? Did Tok hurt you? Are you sure your okay?" All of a sudden the pieces clicked.

"M-Marinette? Me?!"

"Hey Adrien," the woman replied, the happy couple ignoring us completely due to their reunion.

"H-hey. Bugaboo? Is that you?"

"It's me Kitty. I obviously look a few years older, but I promise you I'm the same clumsy 15 year old you know and love."

I could tell her last line was meant to be sarcastic, probably something she had picked up from my future self, but it was true.

She was the girl I loved.

She gasped in surprise as I wrapped my arms around her, though she immediately relaxed and returned the gesture.

It was kind of odd, to be honest. First of all, the 15 year old version of her was a few inches shorter, and though I still had the advantage we were unfamiliarly close in hight.

Then, of course, there was the obvious. The large baby bump on her stomach.

"So," I chuckled, "this must be the infamous Hugo I've heard so much about."