12

Yena threw herself onto the couch- munching onto the homemade popcorn as she grabbed the remote and switched the television on

"The victim is Song Minhee- twenty three year old who works as a scientist at a research lab. She was shot to death—"

"Bullshit"
Yena rolled her eyes, switching to another channel- scoffing at the sentence 'shot to death', knowing it herself it was not how she died.

"Lee Mansoo was stabbed—"

"How annoying"
Yena switched the television off- irritated that every channel had nothing to cover other than the crimes in Ulsan- the current 'hot topic' in Korea.

"The whole mood is ruined"
Yena breathed out air in boredom before she stood up and walked to her bedroom- scrolling through her Instagram as she liked her friend's posts and left a few comments.

Mr. Jeon can rot to death😌

Taehee : Who came up with that?

Dahee : Who else? Me ofc 😎

Jihae : That emoji sucks tbh— ew
BUT
Mr. Jeon can rot to death?
HELL YEA!

Miri : ^ I agree!

Jihae : AND I hate you
oH miRI🙄

Dahee : ^ I STRONGLY AGREE!

Miri : Hey! I did change
I'm sorry😞

Taehee : So about the project..?

I'm working on it

Dahee : How are you doing?

Jihae : Yea.. is everything alright?

"What's with these questions??"
Yena mumbled to herself, furrowing her brows at their sudden care towards her.

Yea...
Why tho?

Taehee : You live in Ulsan Yena..
Ofc we care about you

Oh..
Thanks ig..?

Taehee : I've heard it's already the 4th crime since last month

Dahee : The govt. can rot instead🙄

Jihae : The killer might not be an easy one to catch..

Miri : ^Exactly

Jihae : 🙄

Taehee : What is the police force doing tho?

Dahee : Chillin 🥳🤙
Cause they don't give a fuck about our lives :(((

Miri : Aight imma head out of this discussion😌✌️

Yena locker her phone, throwing it on the mattress beside her, thinking of how she truly felt about the whole situation.

Annoyed..
But why?

Not cause of the crimes but cause she was reminded of Chenle every time the discussion was about it..

"Cause they don't give a fuck about our lives? Tsk, they really are working on it though"
"Wait.."
"Why am I defending them?!"
Yena hugged her duvet closer to her body, trailing off in her chain of thoughts that invaded her mind.

Her phone ringing startled her yet she picked up the unknown number.
"Hello?"
"Hello? Kim Yena?"
"Yes, who is— Donghyuck??"
"Oppa it is but you remember me so it's okay. Anyways, about the case—"
"Sorry, I think I made it clear that I am not going to involve anymore"
"We need your help—"
"But he doesn't, sorry, bye"

Yena moved the phone away from her ear but hearing the voice yell out her name she sighed, pressing the phone to her ear again.
"I'm not—"
"Please Yena, understand the situation"
"Jisung?"

"Yes..We're under pressure to solve the case and you're our only help"
"And do what? Deal with your hyung's egoistic self, sorry but I won't "
"Just me alone Yena. Chenle Hyung won't be involved- just us"
Yena paused, giving it a thought since it was Jisung who was asking for help.

"Will you?"
"Sorry, but no Jisung, I can't"
"Fine.. I get it"
"Take care"

The smile on her face died down upon hearing the dejected tone in his voice.

Miri

Babe you good??
Ignore what they had been texting on the gc..

Yes Mi
Thanks :)

Good to know :)

Yena pouted as her eyes lingered on the phone- a part of her desperate to help them since she was a forensic science major and this experience could be of some help in the future for her career but to her Chenle was more of a problem.

"He must mean something to you, if not why would his words upset you Yena?"

"Ugh!"
"I hate you Zhong Chenle!"
Yena huffed out air as a few strands of her hair moved off of her face- despising his attitude but her true feelings for him remained uncovered deep down.

"Ugh!""I hate you Zhong Chenle!"Yena huffed out air as a few strands of her hair moved off of her face- despising his attitude but her true feelings for him remained uncovered deep down

Y'all be getting spammed by my notifications today😈