Prologue

Dr. Yu Ae Ri could feel the numbness of her body, as the poison slowly took it's time to consume her body. Then she felt the push, she had no time nor energy to stop her body from falling in the pool.

Yu Ae Ri was a good swimmer but, due to the poison that took over her body, she could not save herself. As a talented surgeon, she was envied by colleagues. They choose the midsummer party to get rid of her.

As she was struggling for breath, a certain deity pitied on her. He knew how tough a sail her life was, despite her success: she loved the wrong man, lost a father in her childhood, was kidnapped; in conclusion, she had been through a lot.

So, the deity decided to give her another chance to live. He would put her in a situation where she would find true love. So, he spun the world around and caused a lunar eclipse.

He looked through time lanes and noticed a young woman in Goryeo, she had a miscarriage due to artificial factors and she decided to commit suicide. She even looked just like the female doctor.

The deity then took Yu Ae Ri's soul and put her in the body of Lee Moon-Bae. He decided to play Cupid for two unfortunate souls.

___________________________________________

Meanwhile in Goryeo,

The servants of Wolgwangdong were busy dragging the ice cold body of their mistress, Lee Moon-Bae, the second wife of the notorious 3rd Prince, out of lake Wiyang. The Princess consort seemed to stop breathing, she was in the water for about an hour before someone spotted her body.

Do Sanggung, court lady of Wolgwangdong,  quickly ordered the servants to carry their beloved mistress' body in the palanquin they prepared. She then lead the palanquin to Wolgwangdong, with the servants trailing after it.

Once the palanquin was set before the great Wolgwangdong, Do Sanggung ordered the servants to carry Lee Moon-Bae's body to her chambers. She then called upon Ae Rin, Moon-Bae's personal servant, to help her change the second wife of Wang Yo.

After changing their mistress to dry and warmer clothes, they laid her in her bed. Ae Rin was in tears when she saw that her mistress was not breathing. Do Sanggung told Ae Rin to stay with her mistress, she then left in a hurry to give the information to the 3rd Prince herself. He might not have favoured her, but Moon-Bae was still his wife.

Yo was frustrated when the news hit him. He  never favoured Moon-Bae, but for some reason he seemed disappointed. He quickly marched to Wolgwangdong with Do Sanggung and his 9th brother, Wang Won.

He knew how jealous his first and third wives are when they heard the news. He slept with Lee Moon-Bae on their wedding night and that was their first and last.

Although Lee Moon-Bae was titled 'Jewel of Goryeo' and was a greatly favoured subject by the the king, Taejo Wang Gyeon himself, Wang Yo resent his second wife for reasons unknown.

Ae Rin and all the servants of Lee Moon-Bae were chanting 'we have committed a mortal sin, for we let our mistress out of our sights, we do not deserve forgiveness your highness!' when the 3rd Prince arrived. Yo ignored them and proceeded to march to the west wing. 

When he entered Moon-Bae's chamber, he spotted his wife sleeping in her bed like an ethereal being. However her chest was not rising, no indication of breathing. He neared the bed and sighed. At that moment, a lunar eclipse took place and Yu Ae Ri's soul entered Lee Moon-Bae's body.

Miscarriage was something triggering for women, besides being the unfavoured wife was something even bigger. Yo understand that, he knew how much his mother resent Oh Sanggung.

Just then, the door of the second wife's chambers opened with a bang. The favoured concubine, Kim Byeol-Ha: the third wife entered. She curtesied and faked a cry, "I heard the news regarding consort Lee, " she sniffed.

Yo turned to Byeol-Ha and said, " I am going to find out who is behind this so-called suicide," the 3rd wife visibly paled.
He was suspecting his favoured concubine, and he asked, " What is it? Are you not well?"
" I am grieved from the loss, Jeonha" she replied.
"Though she even plot my miscarriage,  you remember that, don't you, Jeonha? I can't help but be grieved." She continued.
"But she didn't succeed." Yo replied. He could somehow see through that facade of his wife, he made up his mind to solve the murder.

Just then the eunuch announced the arrival of the Queen and first consort, Park Munseong. Byeol-Ha and Yo bowed to greet the empress.
"You are already here I see, Concubine Kim" the empress stated flatly.
" Yes, Hwanghu" replied Byeol-Ha in a soft tone.
Before she continued Yo said, " Mother, I think we need a private talk,"
"Very well," the Queen replied. She continued "How in the world did she managed to drown?"
"Your highness, Consort Lee ordered us not to follow her. She told us that she need fresh air," Do Sanggung replied.

Tension was thick in the air as the Nation's Mother sighed, "I will inform the king for your loss," she then continued, "I am sure he will richly compensate for your late wife" After all Lee Moon-Bae was the king's favoured subject.
"Yes, mother" said Yo.

Just then a loud intake of breath alarmed them all. Moon-Bae was breathing! Yo seemed to relax, Consort Park finally let out the air she had been holding, Concubine Kim however looked vexed and the Queen simply smiled.

"I knew she wouldn't die that easily" the Queen mused.
"It is indeed a great relief," Park Munseong said, the favoured concubine can only nod in response whilst trying to hide her anger.
Why was it so hard to kill Lee Moon-Bae?

The women left the room. Yo looked at Moon-Bae, he did not know how the hell she survived but he was amused. He made up his mind to be warmer towards his second wife.
"Inform me if she woke up" he told Yeong, his personal bodyguard.
He then proceeded to find his mother.

When Yo entered the Queen's chambers, he met his mother with Jung, his 14th brother.
The Queen then gently raised her cup towards Yo and motioned him to near her. Yo greeted his mother, and began to settle down in his usual seat.

"I heard the news, hyung! How was Moon-Bae nui?" Jung anxiously asked.
"She is in coma." Yo replied.
"It is a miracle that she survived," said the Queen as she continued, " It is a good thing. We need her family's support."
"Is that the only thing in your mind right now mother, Goryeo?" Yo said, frustrated. He may not favour Moon-Bae, but she was his person.
"You resent her, Yo. I saw in your eyes." The Queen stated.
"Mother, how can you say that about Moon-Bae nui?" Jung whined.
"Jung-ah! " The Queen said in guilt.
Jung is so protective of Moon-Bae. He treated  her like a sister.

"Mother!" It was Yo who pulled the Queen out of her thoughts.
"Yes?"
"I will take my leave."
"Of course, my son"

Wang Yo left his mother's residence.

Jeonha- Your highness
Gongju- Princess
Mama- Your highness
Wangja- Prince
Sanggung- Court lady
Bagsanim- Doctor
Pyeha- Your majesty