My Moonlight

At midnight,
In the month of June,
I stand beneath the mystic moon.

Yo knew that his wife had changed. But her recklessness had managed to catch him off guard every time. This time, Lee Moon-Bae's selfless act had him almost paralyzed. He knew none of his other wives nor his own mother would do that for him. Putting her own life at sake! This woman is daring and bold, not to mention stupidly selfless.

His heart bloomed after a very long time, Moon-Bae was the one who made him feel that way. It was so strange to so many levels, Yo knew she did not do it to achieve something or for approval.

The fact that Moon-Bae saved him on her own, his once unfavoured wife had now imprinted a great impression on him. Yo then decided that he would like to be closer to her.

___________________________________________

Yo visited his wife every evening, having dinner with her. He would make sure she ate enough food, she would complain about getting fat and they would share a good laugh. Moon-Bae and Yo were getting ridiculously closer and it alarmed the other wives.

Yo prohibited his wives from visiting Moon-Bae, the only people who could visit her were the Royal Physician, Yo himself and the younger Princes.

Though Baek-ah refrained himself from visiting Moon-Bae, he would sent Jung aromatic oils and medicinal plants for her. He would not go to the lion's den to humiliate himself further.

Eun would visit often when the 3rd Prince was not around, he would play puppets with Moon-Bae. Moon-Bae would tell him and Jung stories from different countries.

The 3rd Prince once eavesdropped while Moon-Bae was telling the tale of 3 brothers. His ears perked up when he heard how they died: one died for power, the other for love and the last brother greeted death as an old friend.

Moon-Bae's tales have a deeper meaning, a much more complicated and realistic meaning. Her words were enchanting to him, he suddenly felt jealous towards his two brothers who were listening to her tales, he wanted her to tell him tales.

That evening at dinner, Yo stole a look at his wife, she had recovered well and was already making a fuss about staying at home.

"Jeonha, when am I supposed to rejoin the clinic? It is so boring here!"

"Do you think that I would let you step outside again? Gongju, you are too naive. They dared attack me inside the palace, I won't sent you to die." Yo said, sipping his tea, "This time, the silent treatment won't work so don't even try."

"But I don't want to be a freeloader!" Moon-Bae whined, pouting.

"Don't pout, you are not a kid. Who said you are going to be a freeloader? You are going to serve me starting tonight."

Lee Moon-Bae turned pale and laughed, "Jeonha must be kidding. Hahaha! Jeonha is too funny! Why must I be the only wife who serve you? Consort Park and concubine Kim are also living off you!"

"Alas! They are pregnant." Yo reasoned

"I told you I won't share my man! Why must you insist on me serving you?" Moon-Bae was now at the verge of tears

"What were you thinking Bu-In? I didn't know that my second wife had such dirty thoughts..." Yo laughed, a genuine one.

"You were going to grind ink and run the household. Munseong is 6 months pregnant. You cannot expect her to run the household."

"I enjoyed treating patients. Not taking care of a huge household! I have no clue or idea whatsoever on running a house. Unless you want this household to collapse, take your words back Jeonha!" Moon-Bae was arguing instantly.