This is NOT goodbye!

Leaving you is hard
Being here is harder.
So I hope you understand
When I left without goodbye
Because this is not goodbye
Not yet anyway.

___________

The Royal Noble Consort Lee of Wolgwangdong paced around her bedchamber, she was contemplating whether or not she should leave the palace for a while. After Eun's birthday incident, her husband's taunts towards So and the Crown Prince and, escapade with Yeon Hwa— she felt horrible.

Moon-Bae felt humiliated, used and embarrassed. Guilt filled her up, So and Eun did not deserve that kind of humiliation. Neither did Wang Moo, he should not be humiliated because of his weak links. She herself felt hurt, her husband's attempts to marry Yeon Hwa was none of her business, but she found that it disappointed her.

It was all Yo's fault.

During her stay in Goryeo, she might have somehow gotten attached to the Prince who loves to abuse eyeliner. 

Moon-Bae wanted– No! She needed to leave for a while. The Lee family influence was large in Pyongyang, or anywhere really because Pyongyang was one of the provinces of Kaesong. She could live there, earn a living maybe and return when she wanted. She needed to contact her uncle Lee Hae-Suk quickly and leave.

She was so lost in thoughts that she did not respond when Yo called her. "Lee Moon-Bae!"

"Jeonha!" Moon-Bae was quick to act, "This lowly consort begs for forgiveness, I was lost in thoughts."

"Gongju, where were you yesterday?" I could not find you. Yo asked.

"I was lost, luckily Jung found me in time, Jeonha." Moon-Bae lied. The lie did not go unnoticed by her husband.

"That does not explain the puffy eyes. Do not try to lie to me, Moon-Bae, I am not Wang Jung" he said, threat dripped in velvet.

"I- I was lost and–" Moon-Bae said before being rudely cut off.

"You were there the entire time I had a conversation with Yeon Hwa." Yo stated flatly, before continuing
"You are disappointed. Though I see no need to explain my actions, you must understand that I need strong ties to become the king."

Silence. But Yo saw fire in her eyes. She was glaring daggers at him. And that's when he knew, he need no venomous Princess to help him get the throne. This woman is enough.

"Why would you think that? Jeonha must've thought he had that kind of influence in me!" Lee Moon-Bae said, her voice velvety before she released a laugh.

"You are not my man, Jeonha, even if I am your woman. I have no right to be disappointed." She continued before smiling sadly.

"Don't test my limits Gongju." Yo warned.

He wanted her to retort, be mad, throw things, anything! Instead he only met disappointment as she bowed her head low. Yo was not fond of this side of Moon-Bae, she is terrifying, even more than his mother when things did not go her way.

Knowing that she was disappointed and pissed off, Yo decided to change the subject, "I will be extremely busy this week, the civilians are deeply affected by the drought. As a governor-"

"Like you said, Jeonha, you need not explain yourself to me." Moon-Bae cut him off this time, using his own words.

Even if she was mean to him, Yo could not find the heart to blame her. It was his fault that she had to lower herself in front of the Crown Prince, though it was completely her choice, Yo knew she wanted to save his name. Even after she saw him with Yeon Hwa, she still wanted the best for him.