Chapter 20: welcome to hell.

i am getting a real idea of what i want to do with this story. the plot points have been laid out. i don't think this will be finished in one book though. im considering a series.

*VALKYRIE POV*

Stephanie was dragged to the dungeons beneath the palace by Hopeless and Larrikin, with Nina, myself and Rhianna forming a perimeter, with weapons trained on her head. The dungeons were dark, only the odd sputtering torch. The cells had bars and when you looked closely you could see the wards sucking magic from the prisoners and reinforcing the magic preventing their escape. They had a cot, shower, toilet and sink. They had a dead eyed look about them, as if there was no hope left in their lives.

We dragged Stephanie to the bottom levels, where the torture chambers were. Delilah called them "interrogation rooms" but how many interrogation chambers have the rack nowadays, or a choking pear? Hopeless saw me glancing nervously at the instruments on the wall and tapped my arm "we don't use those. Delilah had those used on her so she only lets us use them for the worst of the worst. Like Mevolent levels of bad" he explained softly, giving me a reassuring smile. I smiled back, calming slightly.

We chained Stephanie to the table and Nina sat on the table across from her, smiling evilly. "Now Stephanie, you've been very naughty. You know that ruining people's lives is wrong. Worse still, you're part of a little team. You're going to give me their names." Nina said in a sickly sweet voice, stroking Stephanie's face and then grabbing it harshly. Stephanie spit in her face and she jerked back. "And if I don't?" Stephanie spat, glaring.

Rhianna tutted and slapped her across the face. "Now now, that's not how a lady speaks, Stephanie. A true lady with information which will give their allies an advantage. We women have to stick together, now don't we?" She said with a smile. "And what about the two MEN in the room?" Asked Stephanie with a scowl.

"Due to the agreement between Lord Hades and Queen Delilah, when interrogations with someone from his realm there must be two representatives to keep an eye and report back to him. But they will not interfere in any way, they can only help." Nina said, circling her prey.

"Now you're going to answer our question, Stephanie. Quid pro quo. You get an answer, so do we." I said, resting my hands on the table. This is MY territory. Stephanie laughed. "I know all your tricks, Val. No point in you being here. I AM you. Well, the better you." She grinned. "Then you'll know my methods work. And besides, I'm allowed to mess you up a bit to get what i want, something i have had to restrain myself from doing while working with Skulduggery." I summoned some lightning and slammed my hand on the metal bar attached. She shook from the pain, eventually letting loose a guttural scream. I cut off my magic and punched her in the face, breaking her nose, causing semi translucent blood to pour down her face, showing that she was dead.

"Quid pro quo, Stephanie. Tell us who you're working with." I repeated. "How about a trade? You let me take your place in the family and I'll give you what you want." She gasped. I brought my hand up and pressed the mess that was her nose into her head as my other hand shot lightning through the metal. I held it for two minutes before letting go, after the screaming had begun to hurt my head.

"I'll take that as a no then." She said, laughing to hide her pain. "I don't negotiate with an enemy" i said coldly. "You either co-operate, or your punishment from Hades will be a whole lot worse." Nina said with her arms folded. "Bite me" Stephanie responded. "I shall. But not with my own teeth, I'd catch a disease." Rhianna laughed lightly as she took a pair of tongs with jagged metal teeth. "Hold her still" Rhianna ordered and Nina held Stephanie's arm tightly on the table as i held her in the chair by the shoulders. Rhianna placed the teeth on Stephanie's flesh and began to squeeze the tongs slowly, piercing the flesh. My ears rang with her screaming as Hopeless tapped me on the shoulders. "I'll take over if you get the other set and do her other arm." He said, moving to take my place. I walked over to the wall and took the match to what Rhianna was using. Larrikin took her other arm and i copied the motions. "I'L TELL!!! DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP!" She screamed. I looked over to Rhianna and almost threw up. The teeth had entered one side of her arm and were now sticking out of the other side.

We released her and glared at her. "Ok, Abyssinia is the name of the leader. She was HOPING to clear you and Skulduggery out of the picture so her actual plans can go ahead. I don't contact her, she contacts me via empathy link. I don't know who else she's contacted or when she's going to strike. She just said she needed my help with one part of a grand plan, i had to ensure you two would never speak to each other again. I came up with the plan myself." She snarled at us.

"Ok, so when the Kindly Ones rip through your mind, that's all you two spoke of? Are you able to contact her at all?" Rhianna said menacingly. "Yes. I already warned her to tale care of any Sensitives to cover her tracks. Cassandra and Finbar will be dead before the day is out." Stephanie replied with an evil grin.

Nina paled and we dashed out of the dungeons to the Great Hall where Delilah was waiting for a report before heading off. She already looked grim. "Fifteen Sensitives have been found stabbed to death in their homes. Finbar and Cassandra were among them." She said as we stopped in front of her.

Hi.... i forgot to hit publish. Please dont kill me