Chapter 9

Maya Pov
I blinked slowly as they removed the blindfold, the light glaring of the window was too bright. I saw a blurry figure in front of me. Lifting my head, I opened my mouth to talk but it was so dry. Looking up at the blurry figure, I saw ahead and suit. The person was standing in front of a huge window, I knew it was Lorenzo. I remember them dragging me out of the place I was before.  Now I have tied against a pole again. Eagle spread.

"Water" I whisper, my voice was hoarse. My mouth was dry of saliva.

I felt something wet on my lips, I felt the cold water. I drank it quickly, feeling some drop on the shirt I was wearing. I finished it in seconds, breathing heavily.

I looked at him, he had a grin on his stupid face. "Fuck you," I tell him "how long have I been locked in there"

"Just a couple of days," he says resting against the wall next to the window

"Just a couple of day!" I yelled moving my tied hands. I wanted to kill him. I know I was locked in for a long time but to hear him say it so causal.

"I had a few things to take care off" he was smiling. He let me in a dark room for days because he had a few things to take care off.

"Why bring me out now?" I ask him "need a new toy to play with"

I know he was about to question me. I know what would happen if I don't give the right answer, I will probably lose a few fingers nails today.

"What do you know about your mother?" I stopped breathing when he asked that. What does he want with my dead mother?

When I didn't answer him he moved and I flinch. I thought he was going to hit me but he didn't, he saw my face and froze. He ran his hands through his hair looking frustrated.

"I'm not going to hit you Maya" he scoffs

"That's very hard to believe" I rolled my eyes

"Just answer the fucking question. What do you remember about your mother!" He yells in my face. He placed his big hands on my neck.

I clock my head to the side admiring his face. I could see tattoos pecking from his neck. I wonder if he was covered in them.

"Nothing," I say "all I knew was that she spoke Italian to me" I smiled "but that was because she couldn't speak English"

"That's all," he asked

"Yes," I looked at him weird "why are you asking about my mother. She is dead if you were planning on using her against me"

"I know," he said sounding frustrated
"What do you know about Mia and Matteo Lastra" his voices went cold

I freeze as I heard the name. I knew they were his sister and father. They die at a restaurant in New York two years ago. It was a sniper shot. They were all over the new that day. The biggest mafia dead in New York. The case was classified, my level didn't give me access to the case files.

"They are dead," I tell him. I felt for him. He lost his father and sister that day. Even though he was a mobster, he still lost his father.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. I knew the CIA has something to do with it. But killing the daughter, that shouldn't have been part of the mission. She was innocent.

"Who was in charge of the mission," he asks

"I don't know," I tell him honestly "it was a classified case, I don't have access to it"

"Lies" he yells suddenly making me jump

"Veronica, come in," he says moving back