Chapter 18

Lorenzo

The conversation with Richard took longer than expected, we had done business in the past together. I used his restaurant in Tokyo to ship out drugs, he wanted to know why there wasn't a shipment this month. I told him not to question me, I don't allow people to disrespect me. When his sister Rebecca came out of nowhere and push Maya I know have had her apologies but that would make them think I have gone soft or cared about Maya.

Talking about her, she wasn't at the bar. I went looking for her when we were done talking but she wasn't waiting for me as I told her to. I didn't want to start thinking the worst, she could be in the bathroom or somewhere else. I knew the guards at the door wouldn't let her leave but I'm sure if she wanted to she will find another way out. I decided to wait for a few minutes before I called my men to check the compound. What was I thinking letting her go alone?

After a few seconds I decided to call my men to look for her but I heard my name being called. I looked at the other side of the Bar and saw Elena and her father. What the hell, I thought I left her in Russia.

"I have been looking for you, Lucas told me he invited you," she said when she reached me.

I was too distracted by her red glitter dress, it was too much. It was hurting my eyes. Her lips were red, her eyes were red. She looked like someone painted red all over her, I can't believe I almost married her.

"Boss" her father nodded at me
"They are rumours that you brought a girl," she said looking around as if she would spot her

"Don't tell me it's that whore for the dinner"

"What whore" her father asked looking around.

"Oh this disgusting woman he invited to dinner, he even let her talk to me rudely. She should have had her tongue taken out for that"

I shake my head ignoring her, right now I need to make sure Maya wasn't doing something stupid. I looked around the room hoping I would spot her red hair somewhere but no. She was nowhere in sight...

"I will see she has punished accordingly princess" I hear her father say

"What?" I asked looking at his bald
head. Was he talking about my Maya?
"You can't allow some girl you picked up on the street to disrespect us"

"She isn't some girl I picked up on the street" I lied. "She was my guest and Elena disrespected my guest. She should be the one getting punished"
"What!" She screamed "Daddy!!"

"Mind what you say cause it might be your last" I warn him when he opened his mouth to speak.

"If you or any of your men lay a finger on Maya I will cut them off," I said before walking off.

Fuck, I shouldn't have done that. He knows I don't care about anyone and for me to say what I said he might put two and two together. Not that I cared for her, I need her alive for information.

"No sign of her outside boss," Raffael tells me through the earpiece.
"Did you check everywhere?"
"Yes, no one has seen her"
"Fuck!" I yelled getting people's

attention. Where the fuck was Alessio, I haven't seen him tonight. He was meant to be here, if he was fucking some girl I will cut off his dick. This isn't the time or place.

"Looking for someone?" I looked up down at the voice. It was a woman that I don't recognise but she looked like she belong there. I could see the lack of hope in her eyes.
"What?"

"The woman you came with, she left with another guy"
I stopped breathing as she said that, Maya left with a guy? What the fuck

"How do you know?"