Chapter 17

Maya Pov

I could feel them all looking at me, the women. Maybe it was the bruise or maybe I looked ugly. I knew they were wondering who I was and what I was doing there. I haven't said a word since we walked through the door, I just smiled at the people that Lorenzo introduce me to. His hands haven't left my back his grips tightened every time someone called his name.

I think I was doing a good job so far, I looked like an obedient girl. I didn't know if he was pleased with my acting. I sure was. The place was lively and packed with people, most I knew were also like him.

"They are all jealous of you" I felt his breath against my neck
"Who?" I asked confused, who would be jealous of me, I was the plainest girl here. They all had on pretty dresses and makeup.
"The women, I can see the jealousy in their eyes. They envy you" his face was still close to mine "It is an honour to be with a capo"

"Really?" I say looking around, he was right they were staring at me. With hatred and jealousy.
"Yes, you're the most beautiful woman in this room," he says moving to stand in front of me. I looked up at him surprised something nice came out of his mouth. But I can't forget what he was, he isn't nice or caring. He saw the look on me and the smile fell off his face.

"Lorenzo!" a girlish scream behind me "it's been months" before I knew it was been shoved out of the way, I stumbled back almost falling a hand caught me in time. I saw the thing that pushed me attached to Lorenzo, squeezing the life out of him. All I could see was long black straight hair and a red dress that was amazing compared to my mini black dress.

"Are you okay Miss?" I did realise I was still in someone's hands, I looked up at the man that caught me. He was handsome, he had black hair that was gelled back. His suit felt like velvet. He had the most strong green eyes like the forest.
"Miss?" I heard him say once more, shit was I staring for too long?
"I'm sorry," I say moving away from his grip

"It's alright, that was mainly my fault didn't look where I was going" he smiled allowing me to see his perfect teeth

"Yeah," I said looking at the bitch that shoved me, she was still attached to Lorenzo like a leech.
"I see you're here with Lorenzo" he nods at him "he is very good friends with my sister. I can see you are well acquaintance" his eyes move down to my face, I knew he was looking at the bruises.

"Richard" I felt his arm before I heard his voice
"Lorenzo" he nods at him looking down at Lorenzo's arm on my waist
"Who is she" I heard the bitch say, I could see the resemblance between her and the Richard guy. Their jet-black her and green eyes gave their way.

"This is Maya" he introduced me to the "Maya this is Rebecca and Richard"
"Nice to meet you," I say must mostly at the man, he still hasn't taken his eyes off me.

"What is she, your cousin?" I could feel her eyes scanning my body from head to toe. I knew she was another one of his women. Did this bitch just seriously ask if I was his cousin?

"No, I'm his whore" I gave her a bitter smile. Her face became tighter
"I can see you don't get punished enough for your loose lips"

"I assure you my lips punished enough" I put my hands against his chest still smiling at her. I knew he was probably giving me all kinds of faces right now but I wasn't going to let this straight-looking bitch walk all over me.

"That's not something to be proud of"
I stepped forward about to pull out her extensions, I don't talk. If she wants to talk she's getting punched in her pretty face. But Lorenzo pulls me back making sure his grip was strong enough. I wanted to punch that smile on her face.

"Forgive my sister, she's been in a bad mood all day," Richard says stepping forward "why don't you get yourself a drink before dinner" he nods towards the bar to her. She opens her mouth to protest but his eyes became hard as if telling her not to.