Chapter 10

Lorenzo Pov
I sat at the corner of my room with a drink in my hand. With a clean fresh suit. I stared at her unmoving body on my bed, she looks so small on it. The doctor came and checked her body, she had bruised all over her body, a small concussion and her ribs were bruised. Veronica might have gone overboard this time. He cleaned her cuts and left a ton of medicine she has to take for the pain. He also attached a drip to her cause she was dehydrated.

I cleaned her with wet towels and changed her filthy clothes. I was so thankful she didn't wake up, I didn't know how she would react to me seeing her naked. I noticed small cuts and scars on her upper thigh. She also had old ligature marks on her wrists. Something happened to her and I was going to find out what.

I put her in one of my shirts and let her sleep. I had to change into a new suit, my other one was covered in her blood. And I was meant to be at a party very soon. I had to make sure every gun and anything that can be used as a weapon was taken out of my room, I don't want her hurting anyone or me. And I know when she wakes up, she is going to want to kill me. I don't know what to do with her now and I couldn't let her go, she's seen too much.

I looked away from her when I hear the door opening, it was Aria. I know she has a lot to say. She was dressed up as well.

"Is she going to be okay?" she asks closing the door behind her.

"Yes, she just needs to wake up," I tell her putting my drink down

I watch as she walked over to the bed, quietly. "She's very beautiful". She whispers smiling at me

"I know" she was very beautiful

"What's her name?"

"Maya," I tell her

"That's a nice name. We are leaving now, that's what I came to tell you"

I didn't reply, I don't want to leave Maya in case she wakes up. I know what she's capable of doing. But this party was important, as capo has to be there.

"You can just say you had business to take care off" she knew I was hesitant "Or I can stay and watch her"

"No, let's go," I said getting up. There's no way in hell I can leave Aria her alone with her, she might hurt her.

I pull her away from the bed, she was still staring at her. I know when she wakes up Aria is going to want to be her friend, I wasn't sure how Maya might take that. I don't think she was a friendly type.

I closed the door behind us and looked at Raffael. I called him so he could watch and guard her. He was one of my guards so I trust him with her.

"I will be calling to check with you once a while, don't forget to stay alert. And don't open the door even is she does wake up." I warn him. He knows she capable of as well.

I pulled Aria who was looking at me like I had two heads. "Why does he need to stay alert" she's asks baffled "that girl looked like she can't hurt a fly," she says laughing softly

I laughed as she said that, only if she knew "Aria, she already killed 4 of my men in a day" I told her and her eyes widen.

~~~~~~~~

I got home in the middle of the night, the party was still going on but I left early. I wasn't even sure what the purpose of the party was, but it was the Russians. And since my aunt, Aria mother is married to their capo I had to go for our Alliance. I don't need another war right now.

Maya was still sleeping. Thank god, the more she rested the faster she injures will heal. Her chest rises and falls as she slept, I took off my suit placing it on the couch. I know I couldn't sleep in my bed tonight; unless I wanted to sign my death.