I'd Love It

Shouta didn't do parties, whether they were 100 people or 10. But when lunch time came around, Hizashi hunted him down to his favorite spot on the roof and approached him as he did with everything- getting straight to the point.

"Hey, Sho. Thought you might be up here" He placed his lunch down, sitting himself comfortably with his shoulder inches from Shouta's. "I know you don't like people, but I wanted to invite you to a party tomorrow night. Nermuri and Oboro are going, then a few other people from class. I'd love it if you came." Hizashi pushed his plate closer to Shouta, an invitation for him to snack on the food. Shouta faltered for a moment. Hizashi has not only invited him to a party but said he would love it if he came.... so how could he say no to him?

"Okay." Shouta picked at the food, looking up to see Hizashi's bewildered look.

"Like, okay you're coming?" Excitement welled up in him. Shouta nodded, a smile tugging at his lips. "Sweet!" Hizashi wrapped his arm around Shouta's shoulder in a side hug, laying his head on his shoulder for a split second. Shouta didn't breathe, mostly in fear that he may startle Hizashi away. Hizashi pulled away regardless, staying close but returning to his lunch.

"Maybe we could just have a sleepover, it's not a far walk from my house anyway!" Hizashi was pushing it here, but how could he not ask. His heart was pounding. He wanted to spend more time with Shouta and this was the perfect excuse. "We could just leave from school together and hang out before the party."

"You're pushing it." Shouta said flatly. Hizashi rolled his eyes and laughed.

"You've gotta experience people more! I can help you know how to feel more comfortable at the party." Shouta weighed this for a moment, thinking about how awkward and anxious he would likely feel at the party.

"Fine— we hangout at your house before then go to the party. I'll spend the night but don't call it a sleepover." Hizashi smiled wider than Shouta thought possible. "I'm not done. Don't call Sho in front of other people and you're not allowed to make fun of my pajamas."

Hizashi had questions- lots of them. Did that mean he didn't mind being called Sho when it's just them? Why not a sleepover? What could be possibly make fun of about his pajamas?

"Okay, Shouta. You'll spend the night and no making fun of pajamas." He settled for no questions, only accepting that he was getting time with his best friend outside of their classes.