Its not you, its me.

Age: 28

Shouta walked from the refreshment table, noting the time as he made his way across the dance floor. Pro hero's surrounded him on all sides as he weaved around them in order to find his person. He didn't love these parties, but tagging along brought back sweet memories.

"Eraser!" A shrill voice called to him and he winced, feeling caught. "Eraser, hey! It's me!"

"Hey, Joke." He forced himself to turn around, eyes stopping on the woman in front of him before dashing across the room in attempts to be saved.

"I talked to the guy DJing, next dance is a slow one! Join me." She said the final words in a very demanding tone.

"No." Shouta instantly blew her off, his patience wearing thin from being at the party anyway. "Gotta run, it's been real and it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun."

"Marry me." Joke followed him, her hand tugging at his arm. "I can make you smile everyday, think about it!" Shouta's eyebrow raised, wondering if she knew how horrible it sounded to smile so much.

"No, thanks." He attempted to release his arm from her grip.

"At least dance with me, Eraser! One chance to prove myself." She smiled widely, though he noted that it didn't have an effect on him. Shouta spotted Hizashi making his way across the dance floor toward him. Shouta waited until he was within hearing range.

"Did I ever mention that I have a cat named Oreos and another named Mittens?" Shouta's eyes met Hizashi's.

"Hey there, my favorite listener!" Hizashi's boisterous voice snapped Jokes concentration long enough for Shouta to take his arm back.

"Hey-" Shouta's comment was cut off as Hizashi surprised him with a kiss. Shouta blushed as Hizashi pulled back, gently tapping his foot against the bright mans.

"Last dance before we go?" Hizashi slipped his hand into the shorter mans.

"See, the problem is that, Joke, it isn't not you. It's me. I'm gay. And married. We just haven't gotten around to telling very many people yet." Shouta held up his hand, letting the ring prove it as Hizashi held up his matching one as well.

"That explains so much. I knew you couldn't resist my infectious humor otherwise!" Joke laughed gently before admiring their rings. "Well, if I can't be me then I'm glad it's someone who will care for you." She nodded at the two before going off to find a different dance partner.

Shouta and Hizashi arranged themselves to dance, the first and last dance they would have tonight. Too nervous to draw attention by dancing all night, they normally just hung around each other and shared a single slow dance for the night at parties.

Hizashi and Shouta swayed gently with the music. "You remembered." Hizashi's smile reached his eyes, not blinding quite yet but building its way there.

"As did you. You saved me, hero." Shouta chucked, his head leaning to rest on Hizashi's shoulder as they spun in the crowd, other hero's too drunk or too invested in their own dance to notice the couple.

"I love you, Shouta." Hizashi's arms pulled him closer.

"I love you more, Hizashi."