CHAPTER 9

I don't know what to do anymore. When Tito told me why they were in the hospital, I couldn't even move my whole body. I don't know if it was caused by too much panic or fear. But I also moved quickly when I heard Tito's cry from the telephone. 

After that call I immediately ran until I reached my car. I left the place and went quick to the hospital. And headed to the floor where Laelyn's room is. I saw Tito sitting in the chair. So I came to ask him immediately.

"Where is she?" I tried stopping myself to sound worried but I just can't.

"She's in the ICU." He's still crying.

"I still talked to her on the phone a while ago Tito. What happened?" My tears are starting to fall from my eyes.

"I don't know Xion. I just heard my maid shouting. So I immediately went up to check what happened. And There I saw Laelyn laying on the floor. I saw blood and I check to see if she had some bruises, but I saw her mouth covered with blood so I brought her here quickly. The doctors are still checking her. But in my conclusion, the reason why she passed out, it's because of......." He didn't continue what he's saying because we saw the doctor coming out from the ICU.

Tito immediately stood up to talk to the Doctor. "How is she?" Tito was really worried.

"She's doing fine. But she must really stay in the ICU. " The doctor answered then sighed. "Luke, why did you let this happen? Your daughter has been feeling this way for a while, so why did you let this happened? Did you know that cancer cells that we found on her lymph nodes already spread to her right lung?" I was shocked when I saw Tito Luke started to cry again. "You know that she can never have a normal life but you let her." He added.

I was clueless at what the doctor said. And I was shocked when Tito suddenly grabbed the collar of the doctor "What should I do then? Let my daughter live her life miserable? My daughter wants to live normal. That's the only way I can make my daughter happy. " Laelyn's father was so angry at him.

"But you're the father Luke, it's your job to protect your child. So now you have to convince her to undergo chemotherapy or else she'll die sooner than she can." After the doctor have said that. He immediately walked away

Tito sat beside me again. He rubbed his palm on his face.

I sighed before I speak. "Tito, what is the doctor talking about?" But I was shocked when I heard him cry, I can't contain the tears that wanted to fall from my eyes anymore. "I...I-I'm sorry hijo." He said. "Please, don't be mad at my daughter. She wanted to tell you but she got scared. She doesn't want to hurt you Xion."

"What do you mean?" I'm so confuse.

"Laelyn is sick."

"Sick?" I'm really so confuse.

He sighed before he continues to speak. "She has lung cancer." That was all he said but my body went cold already. "We found out that she had cancer when she was only 11 years old." He continues. "She was already in stage two. But the doctor says she can still live a normal life. That's why I let her. I support her in what she wants to do. Because that's really what a good father does, right? You will let your child enjoy the things she wants. And you will support her in everything as long as she's enjoying it and it made her happy. Until she got in the age of 16, we've found out that she's already in stage 3. The doctors said that she needs to undergo chemotherapy. I don't want to lose my daughter that's why I asked her to do it. But my daughter don't want too. Laelyn already accepted how far she can live. She always says, 'she only has a short time to live, so she'll just have to spend the rest of that days here and that she'll spend it right and memorable. She's the bravest person I've ever known. She inherited that braveness from her mother." I didn't realize that my tears were flowing. "Until she met you." I looked at him. "When Laelyn said that she's falling in love with someone. God gave me the opportunity to change my daughter's decision. But I thought I could change her decision. The day when you visited our house. Didn't I ask you to support my daughter? Because that's all I can ask you for my daughter's wishes. When I talked to her if she had told you about this. She just replied, 'Why do I still have to say that? I don't want to see Xion hurting because of me. The pain he had felt was too much. I wish that at least once in his life I could make him happy. So just in case I'll die, and he'll know the truth. I would never see him hurting again. I don't have to worry about it.'" I cried even more. "Laelyn was so selfish right?" He give me a strained smile. "But I understand her. She's doing this because she doesn't want to hurt you. My daughter loves you so much." He said. Both of us are still crying. "Xion, I know that I do not have the rights to ask you this. But as her father, please? Help me to extend her life more. It is only the two of us who gives her strength. So Please? I'm begging you to stay beside her. "