CHAPTER 7

I immediately woke up from my dream. I rubbed my palm on my face. As I checked the clock, it's twelve midnight already. I got up and went straight to the bathroom and when I was done, I laid down my body on the bed again. And stared at the ceiling. I remembered my dream again and I don't know but I suddenly feel scared.

Is it possible for her to turn her back from me when she finds out that I like her?

I can't imagine myself living without her. I can't imagine myself losing a good friend. Even though we just met and know each other for a short time, we have come to know each other better.

How I got to the point where I would love her?

Well Laelyn was a really good friend. When she was with me, I don't feel alone. I learned to smile and be happy because of her. She taught me how to understand every situation. During the three months we were together, I would say that we were able to get to know each other better.

The first heart beat that I felt, I thought I was only nervous. Because we didn't know each other very well. But as time goes by, I can't even name my feelings anymore. Whenever I see her smile, laugh, and hear her voice, she was able to make me smile and make my heart beat faster without difficulty.

But what if she finds out that I' already falling for her? Is she going dump me? Is she going to push me away?

I don't think I can handle this one. Because I'm so used to always feel her presence. I am used to being always with her. Each day that I was with her, I wished that time will stop and that the day would never end

I took my journal to write again....

I want to take another journey with her. But I don't want to risk the friendship that we have formed. I think it would be best if I could just stay here because I'm scared that what if she knew what I want, she might just push me away and I don't want that to happen. I don't want to lose a good friend that I considered as my hero.

I sighed as I closed my journal. And got up to go to the veranda. As I glanced at the bright moon next to breathtaking stars in the night sky, I could see Laelyn's eyes and that made me to smile.

I think I have to avoid you. It's the least I can do to stop myself from falling for you. The friendship that we have is the best thing that I've been keeping. And I don't to lose it just because of this stupid feeling that I have been felt.

When I got to the school parking lot the next day. I saw Laelyn standing in front of her. But I ignored it. I just went straight to the gate. But I heard her footsteps following me.

"Good morning Mr. Carter!" I heard her greet. But I ignored it and still keep on walking.

When we got to our classroom, I immediately sat down in my chair

"Why are you ignoring me?" She asked as she sat down on the chair beside me. But I chose to ignore her again.

The proctor that are assigned to us arrived on time to give us the exam. "Good morning students!" She greeted us. "Your exam will start at exactly 7:30. Please prepare for all the things you'll need and goodluck seniors. " She said.

The exam started immediately, so Laelyn didn't bother me anymore.

At the end of the exam, I quickly left our classroom and went straight to the parking lot. And again I saw Laelyn in front of her car. I just ran towards my car and immediately get inside and drove it out of the parking lot.