CHAPTER 6

What I read in the book is totally right. You'll never know how fast time can go when you're happy. You forget about things when you start to smile, and laugh. You don't even think about the problems or what you're going through.

That's how I've felt these past few days. No day had passed when I didn't have a smile on my lips when I got home. I feel like my days are always complete. I'm excited to wake up every day. And a smile instantly engraved in my lips even before my day began.

And all of that started when I met her.

This was the first time I had felt this things that I had never felt in my entire life. She was the first person to make me smile so hard. I can't feel any sadness whenever I'm with her. I always feel good when I talk to her. All the feelings that is new to me it's because of her

Everything I write in my journal was all about her. I always write all the happy memories that I had with her. She was the only person that always stuck in my mind whenever I'm going to write, it seems that she is always the subject or the title of my writing.

And all I can say is that, this woman has a very different effect on me.

And every time that we are together, not just our mutual understanding deepens. Because each time, I learned more about her. My interest in her also deepened. My heart keeps beating faster. And I don't know how I feel anymore. I wanted to know what is this strange feeling that I can't explain.

Days already turn into weeks and then weeks already turn into months.

It's Sunday today. I was laying on my bed when my phone rang. I immediately check my phone to see whose calling. I saw Laelyn's name on it so I picked it up.

"Hello?" I answered the call.

"Good morning Mr. Carter!" She greeted. "Sorry if I call. Did I wake you?"

"Good morning Ms. Taylor!" I greeted her back. "No, I haven't sleep yet" I answered

"Why? Insomnia?" "She asked

"No, I'm just studying for midterms." I answered

"But you can do that in the morning Mr. Carter. You should go to sleep." And my heart starts to trembles.

"It's already morning Ms. Taylor." I chuckled.

"Nice joke Mr. Carter."

"Tell me, why are you calling me in the middle of night?" I curiously asked.

"Nothing. By the way, goodluck for the incoming midterms. Bye Mr. Carter" And she ended the call. I looked at my phone first before putting it back to the side table.

Once again I lay myself down in the bed, and my mind started to wandered everywhere.

Her voice is the sweetest thing I heard. It's like a voice of an angel for me. I can't help myself from smiling every time I look at her and listen to her. But I don't understand. Why is my heart trembling every time I hear her voice and I see her smile?

I sighed.

It's already 2:00 a.m. But I still haven't get to sleep. I thought of going down first to drink some water. When I got in the kitchen, I saw my dad sitting in the kitchen island. Drinking a wine. Immediately our eyes met but he also avoided it. I sighed. Then I just went to the ref and took the pitcher. I pour water on a glass and I start drinking it. While drinking water, my daddy suddenly spoke.