Chapter four- Pin

ZOE'S POV
•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Last night was great. Me and Gaby had been with each other for hours and nothing bad happened. No matter how much my heart yearned for her, Pin was always in the back of my mind. He'd been through a lot and I didn't know whether I'd have it in me or not to break him like that, unintentionally. Pin was important to me. Really important, but my mind was beginning to portray him to me as a friend, not my boyfriend. I finally arrived at Brightfields after a short walk that felt long. Suddenly, he walked up to me. Great.
"Hey, Zoe." He said. I smiled at him and walked up to him.
"Hey yourself. What are you doing here this early?" I asked. He laughed
"Chores. I might be a duke, but I still want to help. Anyway, that's not why I came up to you." Pin replied.
"What is it?" I asked him, a little confused. Then it hit me. Pin had wanted to go to Vienna for ages. He was the duke, and finally able to.
"Wait don't say it. You're going away, aren't you?" I asked him.
"Yeah.. I'm gonna be gone for a few months." he replied.
"Today is my last day on the island before I go" he mentioned.
"Oh, well I hope you have fun." I spoke to him.
"I need to go pack. I'll text you when I leave." He laughed.
"Talk to you later." I smiled, my heart heavy that I wasn't able to break the news about me and Gaby to him. He walked away and started going back to his house. My face went from resting to happy when it struck me. Me and Gaby could finally take it further. He was going to be gone for months. I felt bad considering it was technically cheating, but sometimes you've just got to do what you've got to do. I was going to Holloway today, I wanted to visit Gaby, and she had mentioned she got a new horse I had to meet. I headed over to Raven, who was in a makeshift stable until Brightfields was renovated.
"Hey, Raven. Let's go find Gaby." I chuckled, sliding on his saddle and tightening his girth. He whinnied at me as if to say hi. I petted his face and laughed at him, as he started to itch his head on me.
"Come on bud, let's go." I laughed. I pulled his reins over his head and walked him up to the mounting block. I pulled his reins back over and placed my foot in the stirrup gently. I pulled myself up and sat softly in the saddle.
"Good boy, Raven." I gently spoke whilst collecting my reins. I clicked him on and squeezed his sides. He began walking forward, so we followed the path out of the yard. My phone, which was placed snugly into my boot, began to vibrate. I gently pulled Raven's reins and ushered him to halt. I pulled my phone out of my boot and Gaby was calling. I answered.
Zoe: Hey Gaby what's up.
I squeezed Raven and asked for walk again.
Gaby: Are you still coming down?
Zoe: Yeah, I'm riding there now, actually.
Gaby: Great! My new horse is settling nicely.
Zoe: That's good. And BOY do I have good news for you about Pin.
Gaby: Oooh. Well since you're riding I'll let you go. Tell Raven I said hi.
Zoe: I will, see ya!
Gaby: See ya!
I put my phone back in my boot and asked Raven to trot.

GABY'S POV
•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
I was excited that Zoe was coming down. My new horse had arrived, my heart horse. I was glad I found him. His name is Nero, he stands at 16.3 hands and he is a Dutch Warmblood. His showname is 'Nighthawk nēro' I found him by chance, and it was like the horse side of my heart had finally been filled. He was olympic hopeful, until he started showing behavioural issues, so I took him in to help him, but fell in love. Now i've got myself a heart horse who's not only caring, but olympic hopeful. Zoe was going to LOVE him. Speak of the devil, that is when she arrived.
"Gaby!" She called out to me.
"Hey Zoe! You have news about Pin?" I called back.
"Yep! He's going to Vienna. We won't have to worry about him for a few months" she replied.
"Woah, that's so cool!" I exclaimed. She dismounted Raven and hugged me. I hugged her back.
"So, the new horse?" she asked.
"This way!" I smiled