Chapter six- Distancing

ZOE'S POV
• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
It had been 5 days since the beach. I had a couple of missed texts from Gaby, which I hadn't replied to. We'd been completely avoiding each other since it. We both felt bad about Pin, but deep down I still wanted her. No matter how annoyed I was. Maybe time apart was good, though, as it allowed us to think about that day.

I needed to do Raven's chores, so I headed down to Brightfields. Becky and Jade (my best friends) were going to be there, so I considered telling them about me and Gaby, but I was a little scared as to how they'd take it. I took a deep breath and entered the yard. I didn't spot them, so I just walked over to Raven.
"Hey boy." I whispered to him. He nickered as I held his head and petted his face. I laughed at him and took his brushes out of the tack-box.
"We should get you cleaned. I want to ride today, how about you?" I asked him as I started brushing him down. He whinnied and scraped his foot in excitement. Once he was groomed, I headed out to the haystack. Becky and Jade were there, as usual.
"H-hey guys. I need to tell you something. Can we go on a ride?" I asked.
"Of course. I'll go tack up Major." Jade smiled.
"Bob is already ready so I'll help you tack up major?" Becky added. Jade nodded and Becky followed her to go get Major ready. I slipped Raven's saddle and bridle on, and lead him out to the others. Becky and Jade were already waiting at the gate, so I hopped on Raven and squeezed him forward. We rode out into the fields and began our usual chatter.
"So.. What did you want to say?" Jade asked.
The words were on the tip of my tongue, but there was no way I was going to get them out.
"I- uh- I- it doesn't matter." I hesitated. Becky and Jade looked at each other.
"Is this about Gaby?" Becky questioned
"Huh?!" I replied, confused. I hadn't told them. How did they know?
"About how you guys started hanging out, but now are avoiding each other?" Jade added. Thank god. They thought this was a friend drama.
"Well yeah, b-but it's more than that." I stuttered. Jade and Becky seemed concerned.
"Come on Zoe, let's go to the beach, and discuss this more in private." Jade spoke
"Fine, okay." I muttered, as I steered Raven onto the beach path. Once we arrived, we tied our horses to branches and took a seat beneath a tree.

BECKY'S POV
• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Zoe was going to tell me and Jade something. It had to be something big; she never usually stuttered things this bad.
"It's like this." Zoe spoke.
"When Holloway came to give us their cup, Gaby found me in Raven's stable, and something happened, so we hung out a bit, but then Pin found out about it, and we've been avoiding each other since." She went on. Me and Jade looked at each other, mostly out of confusion.
"What happened at the stable?" Jade questioned.
"Fine. Gaby found me, so I invited her next to me and we kind of kissed." Zoe smirked. Me and Jade were beyond shocked. WHAT?!
"We hung out for a night, and went to the beach the next day, and Pin kinda caught us kissing. He had his bags with him, so he could catch the boat to Vienna. It was too late to say anything to him, so me and Gaby haven't spoken since." she added. Zoe and Gaby?! Me and Jade support her no matter what, but Gaby? Gaby rode for our rival stable, and they hadn't got off to the best start whatsoever.
"You kissed Gaby?!" Jade questioned. Zoe nodded at us. We both hugged her.
"Look, Zoe. As much as this shocked us, we support you always. You should make things right with her. Always go for who you like." I smiled. Jade smiled too. This was out of the ordinary, but if Zoe was happy then we were too.
"Thanks guys, I just have no clue how I'm gonna speak to her, though." she said, holding back tears
"It's alright, Zoe. You'll figure it out when you're ready." I smiled.