Chapter 18

Author's Note: Slightly different from the anime. Moments of Kato and QUARTET NIGHT. (─‿‿─)

Shining Saotome had decided to let STARISH on a vacation. So right now, STARISH, Nanami and Kato were at a resort. QUARTET NIGHT came as well.

And maybe everyone hasn't noticed except for Kato, but apparently Aijima came as well.

"Amazing."

"I had no idea our agency had a resort house like this." Ittoki said in amazement as everyone stared at the building.

"With everything from recording studios to hot springs, it's a special facility." Kotobuki told them.

"I haven't had a break in a long time. I'm really going to enjoy this." Kurusu said as he stretched his arms.

"It's a special arrangement from Shining, so make sure you don't cut loose too much." Mikaze told him.

"I know that."

After they put their belongings into the cottage, Kato decided to hang out with the seniors. She still needs to figure out what kind of song she should write for them after all.

"Why do we have to accompany them on their vacation?" Kurosaki said with annoyance as he and Camus sat on the poach. Mikaza and Kato stood, leaning against the frame.

"Because no one knows what they'll do if we leave them on their own." Mikaze replied.

Camus took a sip of his tea and said, "It's a vacation for us as well. Each of us should spend it as we see fit."

"Camus-senpai is right. You guys should take a break once in a while." Kato turned to Kurosaki.

"Why are you here?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Can't I?" Kato tilted her and he just turned away from her.

"Yay!" Kotobuki came out from the cottage with fishing gears. "Is everyone having fun?" He said with a cheerful tone.

"Why don't we all go fishing together?" He asked the rest of QUARTET NIGHT members.

"Go by yourself." Camus and Kurosaki said in unison.

"I pass." Mikaze said as well. The three of them deadpanned at him.

"Ehhh? Rei-chan sad..." Kotobuki cried with crocodile tears.

"Want me to go with you, Rei-senpai?" Kato asked which instantly made the older senior lit up.

"Kouhai-chan is so nice! Let's go!" He exclaimed and was about to leave with the girl until he was stopped by his bandmates.

"We're coming as well."

"Eh? Didn't you guys reject me?" Kotobuki pouted.

"Shut up." They said together.

"Mean..." Kotobuki whined again whereas Kato just looked at her seniors with confusion.

So with that, the five of them went up the stream and started fishing. Well, it was just Kotobuki.

"Kouhai-chan, don't you want to fish?" He asked.

"I don't know how." Kato said softly.

"Eh? Then why did you want to come with me?"

"You looked like a sad puppy from their rejection, so I thought if I followed you, it would make you feel better. It doesn't mean that I really want to go fishing." Kato said with a blank look which made Kotobuki gasp.

The other three were just snickering.

"Stop laughing!" Kotobuki whined but the others just continued trying to hold in their laughter.