2

°
°
°
"Apparently there have been cases, in which the doorbell rang, exactly at midnight, but when they opened the door, no one was standing there.

"Well, what a freaking coincidence, today is the 13th november and it's seven minutes before midnight." Joyce reminded us with a sarcastic laugh. Maxine looked at us with a serious expression and huffled "I need a cigarette right now"

We made our way towards the balcony and had our little smoke break. When we came back in, a shiver ran down my body as I looked at the time. It was a minute before midnight. Maybe what Maxine told us wasn't real and she just tried to give us a scare, but then the pointer struck twelve. I sucked in my breath as we all tensed up, sitting around the table again and waiting for what is about to happen next.

Everything was quiet at first, to which I released my breath, thinking that it was just a stupid tale. But suddenly the doorbell rang and I almost chocked on air. We intensely glaced at eachother, before we stood up and went downstairs.

I had high hopes, for it to be my neighbor telling us, that one of my cats chased after his chickens again, but my hopes vanished into thin air as one of the girls opened the door.

As expected......................................there was no one standing on the other side of the door.

"Ok, now I'm scared." Maxine croaked with a trembling voice.

"Let's head back, upstairs again." Shannon said. After we all settled down again, we decided to watch a scary movie. After all, that's how to get rid of a scare am I right?

"Nightmare one elm street?" Maxine asked. "No, let's watch somhing that suits todays events." Darcy suggested.

"I just have the right thing for that!" I got up, ran to my room amd got the disc.