7

°
°
°
The candle fell over and set the tablecloth on fire. The quake was getting stronger and much more violent as pictures fell from the walls, shattering their frames and most of the windows and every lightbulb exploded from the force.

A bright light blinded us from outside, getting closer and closer with every second. I could recognise the honking sounds as I realised what would reach and kill us in a matter of time.

A train.

The last thing I remembered, was my head being forcefully slammed against a hard surface and then darkness.

Now it's finally over, I thought.

I could slowly start to feel my body again and even tried to open my eyes, if it weren't for the blinding light, canceling my chance to do so. The light sashayed from one eye to the other, so it must've been a flashlight, which with one swat of my hand I removed from my face region as I sat up.

While everyone was worriedly starring at me, I looked around. Everything was normal, as if nothing happened, besides from a picture which hung on the wall, kinda awkwardly and had a crack in the left corner and a flameless candle in the middle of the table.

"What happened?" I asked, slightly stunned as I snapped out of my thoughts. "Well, it got blindingly bright out of nowhere and then you just blacked out and fell over, harshly hitting you head on the floor. I am still astounded, that you didn't leak a single drop of blood, with a crash that hard." Maxine said with curiousity lingering in her voice.

"And the Train? What about the train?" - "What train are you talking about?" With a dump founded expression my eyes met hers. "The train right outside the house, which neared with and inhumane speed and almost killed us"

"But, there was no train..." Darcy said, her voice waverly.

I couldn't believe it. No train? How's that possible? I shook my head, only now realising how much it actually hurt. With a huff and the help of my friends I was able to stand and head up to my room, to get myself some painkillers for my head.

Before I left, I saw Maxine laying down on the couch, about to take a nap. Wouldn't actually be a bad idea, taking, that we all must've been tired as hell, after everything, that was going on.

Standing in my room, infront of the mirror, a glass of water already in one hand, and the pill in the other, I faced my disheveled twin, staring right back at me, the reflection dirty because of the mirror not being cleaned for some time. I put the pill in my mouth, took a sip of water and was about to swallow, when I saw someone standing behind me leading me to choke on the water and the pill.

After I had a coughing fit, for like a whole minute, I straightened up and opened my eyes, to see, that whoever or whatever that was, behind me, was gone.

With a closer look at the back, I noted something written on the wall.

Darcy *23th april 1993 - 13th november 2009*