6

°
°
°
"They're back"

The line suddenly went dead.

'What was that, just right now?' Confused I blinked at my phone, wondering.

Right as we came up, we went into living room and sat down on the couch, while I tried to make phone calls. No reception.

"Do any of you have a signal?" Questioningly my eyes wavered over everyone. Maxine spoke up first "No, none of us does!"

Suddenly the lights went out. "Great, a blackout, just what we needed right now" Joyce rolled her eyes, an ironic undertone clearly evident in her voice.

We all got us some flashlights before me and Maxine went to check out the fuse box. Not even moving the switches up and down repeatedly, helped turning on the lights as it remained dark.

Sighing, we went back to the living room, to the others, explaining the current situation.

Suddenly we heard a bang from upstairs. Not even waiting to look at eachother, we sprinted up into the bathroom. There, on the floor, shattered pieces of glass from the, now missing, mirror above the sink, littered the floor, with an addition of blood splatters.

Where the mirror once was placed, a message written in blood, was all that was left, blood running down from each of the individual letters, staining the white tiles a crimson colour.

Joyce *13th february 1992 - 13th november 2009*

I looked around. No sight of her. Maybe she stayed in the living room, but as we reached the said room, no one was present.

We all were already probably on the verge of losing our minds as we all sat down and took deep breaths, not really being able to cope with everything. Running my hands through my hair and down my face, I let out a shaky breath as I glanced at the flickering candle ontop of the table.

Rapid shaking ripped me out of my thoughts, when all the sudden the world began to quake.