Chapter 1: Party Panic!

"Kevon! You can't go to the party, that's final." Mrs. Biley said, staring down at her daughter who was sitting on her bed in her new purple silk Ralph Lauren pyjama set that she got for Christmas. Apparently they were the same ones that Bella Hadid wore.

"Mother, I have to go to this party or else my social life will be in jeopardy for the entire semester!" Kevon whined, crossing her arms.

"Kevon, we have obligations to visit your cousins! We can't let you miss out on family bonding time." Her mother said firmly.

"Whatever." Kevon hissed, motioning for her mother to leave her room.

Mrs. Biley sighed and strolled out of Kevon's all white and purple bedroom.

Kevon got up and slammed the door as her mother walked down the lavish staircase.

Kevon started to pace around her bedroom. This was a disaster! She had to go to the New Years party that Tiffany was hosting or else she might die of embarrassment! She didn't even care about her annoying cousins anyways, all they did was brag about going to UBC and Queens and they always wore the same ugly polo shirts every time Kevon saw them. Suddenly, Kevon's iPhone X dinged and she picked it up, it was a message from Tiffany.

Tiffany: eh-maGAWD Kevon! Scarlet Remington is back in town! And she's coming to my party!!!

Kevon gasped and dropped her phone onto her faux fur rug. Scarlet was back from her fancy English boarding school??? She couldn't believe it. Scarlet was the most popular girl in grade 10, she was like a walking magazine ad. Her parents had shipped her off to England for a year because they wanted her to pick up an English accent like them so she could sound more posh.

Little did they know that it was nearly impossible to pick up an English accent after a year.

Kevon stifled a scream and continued pacing, now she absolutely had to attend the party to make sure she was on Scarlet's good side. Suddenly, Kevon had an idea. She grabbed her phone up off the floor and opened up Scarlet's instagram account. Her account was filled with aesthetically pleasing blog-worthy pictures of Scarlet nonchalantly laughing with friends, or out at fancy restaurants. Kevon stared enviously at the follower count that read 10k. She herself was only at 8k. Kevon gathered up her confidence and tapped on the DM button to send a message to Scarlet.

Queen.Kevon: Heyy babe! Welcome back to town! We should totes grab a coffee sometime for old times sake, xxx.

Kevon waited for an answer for 2 minutes.

Scar.baby33: Kevon! Totally down for that, can't wait to see you at Tiffany's party, you ARE going right? Xoxo

Kevon threw her phone down with rage. This was obviously a test of some sort. Scarlet was never this nice to her, she was undoubtedly trying to warn Kevon that if she wasn't at the party, then she was out. Kevon could not let that happen.

The days went by quickly and the party was fast approaching. Kevon tried her hardest to be nice to her parents so they would let her go. She ironed her mother's silk scarves, cleaned her dad's sock drawer and even cleaned her dirty coffee mug once!! But her parents stood their ground and off they went to visit Kevon's cousins from Hell. The entire time, Kevon slumped on the couch and whined about how cold the room was. Her cousins were braggy and rude as always (and wore those ugly polo shirts again). Kevon was relieved when they finished the visit, but she was still mad that she had to miss the party. And it was New Years Eve too! On the way home, Kevon imagined what stories she had to miss out on, maybe Tiffany would slip on ice in her Jimmy Choos again like last year, or maybe Yoshanda would lip kiss Logan for the first time! She thought about her boyfriend Josh, thank God he was in Mexico for New Years with his family. She missed him, but at least he wasn't partying with Scarlet without her!

Once the Bileys arrived home, Kevon stomped upstairs to her room and cried herself to sleep.

She dreaded going back to school on the 8th of January, all her friends would be gossiping about the party and Kevon would have no idea what they were talking about!