Chapter 8: Homewrecked and Heartbroken

Scarlet smirked to herself as she set up the table with all the food and drinks. Her outfit, she knew, was perfect. She was wearing leather shorts with a maroon bodysuit tucked in and sheer black tights with leather black booties. Just enticing enough, but not trashy. She had decided to make a punch with a little something... extra in it. She knew that a little jungle juice was needed to really get the party going and the dirt on Kevon flowing. At around 8:30 everyone started arriving, and milled around the snack table gossiping about who was there and who wasn't. Scarlet ran around the room making sure everyone had enough of her special punch.

"Hey Scarlet," She felt a tap on her shoulder and whirled around. Josh was standing there with his second glass of punch in his hand.

"Where's Kevon? She didn't say anything about not coming did she?"

"Oh no!" cooed Scarlet. "I guess she couldn't make it! Too bad, for her" Scarlet whispered the last part under her breath.

"Yeah weird" Josh agreed. "I'll call her and find out."

"No no I will! " Scarlet quickly said. "It's my party after all. I'll let you know what she says."

"Thanks Scarlet! And thanks for hosting, it's a lot of fun." As he said that, Tara, who had obviously had a few glasses of punch herself, started shaking her non-existent booty on the coffee table.

"WOOO!" She yelled waving her hands around. "Best party ever!"

"Tara, you look like you could be a character from Friends in that adorable outfit!" Scarlet said sweetly.

"Really! Who!" Tara screeched as she gyrated on the freshly polished surface.

"Monica Geller, from the high school scenes! Kindly get off my table before you crush it!"

Tara ran to the bathroom with tears down her face. With that debacle taken care of, Scarlet turned her attention to the real goal of the party. Josh, Logan, Yoshanda and Tiffany were all crowding around the drink table, having glass after glass of punch.

"Wow Scar you have to give me the recipe!" Tiff exclaimed.

"It has special ingredients from England. So sorry! Do you guys want to see my room?" Scarlet led them all to her modern black and white bedroom in the back of the house. It looked like it was out of a west elm ad, and it basically was.

"I have to tell you guys something. I phoned Kevon to find out where she was and I heard some really terrible news. I can't believe she would do something like this!" They all looked at her expectantly, waiting to hear the news. She took a deep breath, it was now or never! "She was with another boy! I couldn't hear who it was." Everyone looked suitably flabbergasted, Josh most of all. "I'm so sorry to have to say this, but I think she's cheating on Josh. That's why she didn't come today."

"I, uh, I have to go." Josh ran out of the room.

Kevon was sitting only a few kilometres away, blissfully unaware of the social disaster that was occuring. She was figuring out how best to "accidentally" release the footage she had found, when her rose gold iPhone X rang. She picked it up to answer.

"Hello?"

"Kevon, it's Josh. We're done. I can't believe you would treat me like this, I thought you really cared about me."

"What? What do you mean?"

"You know very well what I mean. Don't talk to me anymore."

Kevon burst into tears. " I don't understand! Nothing happened!" But Josh had hung up the phone. A few minutes later, she received a snapchat from Scarlet. Sniffling she opened it. It was the back of Josh's head as Scarlet hugged him! With a scream of rage, Kevon threw her phone across the room. This time, it was personal.