Chapter 9: Total Eclipse of the Heart

"Josh? Josh are you in there?" Scarlet yelled through her main bathroom's door. The party was almost over and Josh had spent most of it inside the bathroom crying!!

"I'm...(sniffle)...opennnnning the dooorr." Josh slurred. Scarlet snickered, obviously he had had a bit too much punch.

Josh had a bit of trouble with the lock, but eventually opened the door.

When he saw Scarlet, he smiled. "Oh hey Scarrr."

Scarlet beamed inside, he called her by her nickname! Surely this meant that he liked her.

Good riddance to Kevon. And even more so now that Kevon had opened Scarlet's devious snapchat of her and Josh hugging.

"Josh, I'm worried about you. It must really hurt to have your heart broken, of course I wouldn't know... but still!" Josh nodded.

"I can't believe she would betrayy me! And I wonder who with."

Scarlet took this chance to kill two birds with one stone. Mike still had a secret about Scarlet that he could tell, she had to keep him quiet somehow!

"I'm sorry Josh, I really am...but I know who she was with. She told me to never tell anyone, but after seeing you this hurt...it would be wrong not to tell you."

Josh's blood shot eyes widened.

"Tell me who! Who??? Was it a 12th grader???" He begged.

Scarlet sighed, trying her best to sound genuine.

"Mike. It was Mike, they met a few days ago and she's totally smitten!" Scarlet laughed.

Josh looked down. "Mike??? He's my friend. I guess you can't trust anyone these days."

Scarlet placed her manicured hand on Josh's shoulder.

"You can trust me." She said, looking into his eyes.

Josh nodded. "Thankss Scarrlet, that means a lot to me to have a friend like you. And you're from England so you're smart."

Scarlet inwardly rolled her eyes. He was kind of annoying right now.

Suddenly, Scarlet felt a hand tug on hers, she looked over and realized it was Yoshanda.

"What do you want??" She hissed, forgetting about her nice act for a minute.

Yoshanda didn't seem to notice Scarlet's rude tone, she too was under the punch spell.

"Scarlet pleassee let's go gossip about Kevon!!!"

Scarlet smiled. "Yes! I bet you have a lot to tell me."

Yoshanda nodded, "and Tiffany too! But she's in your room right now looking at your makeup collection! Let's go!"

Scarlet cringed at the thought of Tiffany clawing through her luxury makeup collection.

"Yes, let's go." She said, then she looked at Josh. "Let's hang out sometime, maybe tomorrow? You need to be with a friend when you're in pain."

Josh nodded, "okayy." Then he returned into the bathroom.

Scarlet followed Kevon's eternal wannabees into her bedroom.

It was a disappointing gossip session, all Scarlet learned was about how Kevon used to like Logan, and that she didn't eat gluten! Soon after they started talking about Kevon, Tiffany felt sick and wanted to go home, and Yoshanda followed behind.

Scarlet then kicked everyone else out by telling them the police were coming and then got the maid to clean up before settling into her bed for the night.

Everything was going according to plan...she was soon to be the Queen of St. Clarice!