Chapter 19: Happy V-Day?

Later in the afternoon, Kevon sat at her vanity getting ready for her date with Scott. She was just applying her Becca cream blush when she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

Thinking it was probably her mother, she called "come in!" But when she turned to see who it was, she was shocked to meet Scarlet's gaze.

"Scarlet!" Kevon cried. "What are you doing here?"

Scarlet smiled. "Your maid let me in. I have to say she looks a lot like you!"

Kevon crinkled her eyebrows. "Our maid Matilda is visiting family in Texas, that must have been my mother." She explained.

Scarlet laughed. "Oops, maybe your mother shouldn't wear such maid-like clothes." Scarlet noticed Kevon's annoyed look and cleared her throat.

"Sorry, I just came by because I wanted to say thank you." She said, tugging on her gold Magdalena Frackowiak heart shaped hoops.

Kevon was shook! Scarlet barely thanked anyone!!

"Thank me for what?" Kevon asked.

Scarlet rolled her eyes.

"Duh!! For getting rid of those frickin wannabees!! And for not posting that video even though you could have. Sorry I accused you and made the entire town hate you."

Kevon grinned.

"That means a lot. So...we can be friends?" She asked hesitantly.

Scarlet laughed. "Think about it more like frenemies..I wouldn't let my guard down quite yet."

Kevon shrugged and laughed.

"Of course. Frenemies."

Scarlet smiled, and turned to leave, but then turned around again.

"So are you and my brother like...dating now?" She inquired.

"I guess so, is that ok?" Kevon asked.

Scarlet shrugged.

"Yeah whatever, I don't know what you see in him but what do I care if you guys date?"

She waved goodbye and left the room.

Kevon laughed to herself and finished getting ready for her date.

She chose to be festive and wear her red silk Harlow dress from Reformation, complemented with Gold hoops from Mejuri and black Louboutins.

As soon as she packed up her Coccinelle mini-bag and spritzed herself with some Miss Dior perfume, Scott rang the doorbell. Kevon's heart skipped a beat. Would he lip-kiss her tonight? What if he tried something?? Clearing her thoughts, Kevon ran down the staircase and opened the door. Scott was standing there with a bouquet of red roses and a box from Tiffany's!

Kevon beamed. "Scott! Thank you, you shouldn't have."

Scott smiled, "I wanted to surprise you."

Kevon put the flowers in a vase and opened the Tiffany's box. Once she looked inside she smiled. It was a beautiful rose gold diamond necklace. The Tiffany Soleste 18k gold necklace to be exact. The exact same one had been on her Christmas wish list last year, but it had been sold out for months! Kevon couldn't believe it, this had to be the best gift ever!

Unable to contain her joy, she hugged Scott and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you sooo much!" She cried, fastening the necklace around her neck. It went with her outfit perfectly.

"It looks great, now let's go, I made dinner reservations at The Cactus Club!"

Kevon closed the door behind her and off they went in Scott's truck that Kevon noticed he had just gotten washed.

Once at the restaurant, Scott ordered Kevon and himself some virgin Mojitos and they shared yam fries.

They talked about what had gone down at school with Tara and Michelle, and Scott could barely contain his laughter.

After they ordered their main meals, Kevon excused herself to go to the ladies room.

As she was walking next to the many booths and tables, she felt a strong grip on her shoulder and turned around.

It was Josh.

Kevon let out a mini scream.

"Josh! What are you doing here??"

"I'm here with my family for dinner." He explained.

"Oh, that's nice, well see you later." Kevon said, trying to walk away.

But Josh grabbed her hand. "Please, Kevon I'm so sorry, can we get back together? I love you."

Kevon screamed inside.

"Don't say that." She said, feeling tears collect in her eyes.

She really hoped her mascara wouldn't run.

"But it's true." Josh said, holding her hands.

Kevon pulled her hands away and put them on her hips.

"Josh I don't want to talk right now, I'm on a date with Scott. Please move on."

Josh shook his head. "No Kevon, I love you! I can't stop thinking about you and what we had."

Kevon sighed. "Go back to your table." She started to walk away.

"Fine. But you'll regret it. Scott is trouble, you should stay away from him."

Kevon kept on walking, ignoring Josh's words.

Once in the bathroom, she wiped the tears off her face and powdered her nose.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she wondered if what Josh had said was true. Was Scott trouble? Collecting herself, she returned back to their table.

"Our food's here!" He said.

Kevon fake smiled, "Great!"

She tried to enjoy her kale salad but Josh's words kept on echoing in her head.

Scott noticed her silence.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

Kevon nodded, "Yeah I think I might be coming down with something. Could we leave soon?"

Scott nodded. "Oh no! Of course, I'll get the bill."

On the way home, Kevon opened her window to let some fresh air in.

Finally, Scott stopped in front of Kevon's mansion and turned towards her.

"Well, there you are." He said, trailing off.

"Thanks for everything Scott, I'm sorry about me feeling sick."

Kevon said, opening her door.

"No worries, do you want me to give you some company inside?" He asked,

Kevon froze. "No, I don't want you to catch whatever I have, and besides I'm pretty tired."

Scott looked dejected, but managed a smile.

"Don't worry, I'll call you tomorrow. Happy Valentines day!"

Kevon said thank you and ran inside and cried herself to sleep.

She didn't know who to trust anymore, Scott or Josh?