Chapter 14: Are we Endgame?

Blissfully unaware of the drama that was unfolding at the Remington household, Kevon was still carefully hunting through her wardrobe for the perfect mature-but-still-cute outfit. How was it possible she had absolutely nothing to wear? Her wardrobe was immaculately chosen and revamped every season!

Eventually, she flopped on her bed in defeat. She could not go without the perfect outfit. She grabbed her iPad from her desk and lay back on the pillows, going through all her favorite instagram accounts for the third time.

"YES!" She shrieked, finally finding something she could recreate, with her own twist of course.

She ran to her closet and threw on the outfit, it was perfect, obviously. She had chosen her favorite dark blue distressed skinny jeans from seven for all mankind, and paired them with a simple black spaghetti strapped bodysuit. On her feet she wore tan chelsea boots with a slight heel from Prada, they made her a few inches taller than her 5 foot 5 stature, perfect for flirting with Scott. He was so tall! She threw her camel Babaton coat over the whole outfit and flipped her perfectly blown out chestnut hair over her shoulders. She was ready.

Now she only had to wait an hour and a half for him to come pick her up!

I can't believe he can drive!!! She thought to herself, that was soo cool.

Finally, after what felt like hours, there was a knock on her door. It was Scott! Thank god her parents were out for the evening, she couldn't deal with their annoying questions tonight.

"Hey Kevon, you look great." He smiled at her.

"You too!" She replied. It was true, he was wearing the cutest casual but cute button down shirt, and tan pants with vans. "Guess you can't get away from skate shoes hey?"

"Give me a break, they're comfortable!" They both laughed, and Kevon shut the door behind her, it locked itself with a slight click. "I thought we could go to this cool place called Rockos. It's a 24 hour diner, with the best milkshakes."

Kevon paused. Of course she had heard about the place, Riverdale was only the coolest show this season! But it was almost an hour drive away, and she was nervous about being in Scott's car for that long. He drove a city-appropriate sized truck, but she could tell he also brought it up to the mountains on the weekends. He opened the passenger door and helped her up.

She didn't even need to be nervous! They immediately began talking about school, and his recent trip over break to california for surfing. She told him about her ski cabin in Whistler, maybe exaggerating her profinity for the sport a little bit. As they hopped out of the truck in the parking lot of the diner, the hour felt like it had flown by. Scott grabbed her hand as they entered the diner, and were shocked to find a line.

"I used to come here all the time! Where did all these people come from?" Scott said, bewildered.

"Well it is used as a set for one of the most popular shows on TV..." Kevon trailed off, not wanting to seem like the crazy fan girl that she was.

"Oh Riverdale! Right! I think my sister watches that show, and she mentioned something like that." Scott explained.

Thankfully, it was their turn for a table. They opened the menu and both laughed at each other. The portions were huge! They decided to share a large fries and milkshake.

Sipping on their "Betty" Milkshake, Kevon suddenly thought of Josh. Would he be upset if he knew she was on a date with someone else? Someone older? She shook her head to get rid of the thought.

"You okay?" Scott asked, concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine! I was just wondering... what made you send me that note?"

"Well haha, I'm glad you asked," he replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "I kept thinking of you after I almost ran you over. I guess i figured it was the least I could do, and maybe an excuse to get to know you better."

"Really? Me?"

"Yeah, you're a pretty cool girl, Kevon Biley." They grinned at each other. Kevon couldn't stop smiling, the whole time Scott was paying for their food and driving her home. As they approached her house, however, she froze. What if Scott expected something? He was in grade 11 after all.

He walked her to the door, and they paused after she had unlocked it with her phone.

"I had a fun time with you tonight." He said, looking at her.

"Me too! Thanks for the milkshake."

"Thanks for the pop-culture lesson" He laughed. Suddenly, he leaned in and kissed Kevon on the cheek. "See you around, Kevon."

She ran inside and squealed. She had to tell the other Queen Bee's about her night!